Biblical Polygamy

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by daBronx, Mar 31, 2012.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I enjoy most people's perspectives when they bring something fresh to the table. It doesn't matter who it is or which "side" one is on. I've read books by Christians, non-Christians, atheists and agnostics. I don't read them to figure out who is to be believed as much as expand my awareness on the subject. Same way I have friends who are deeply religious and friends who are not.

2. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

I really love Hugh Ross - founder of that site. He wrote a book called A Matter of Days that had smoke coming out my ears when I was done. I don't think it's fair that anyone has that kind of brain! I mean, geez people, let's spread the intelligence a little bit. I'm jealous. ;D

But, I don't always agree with him either. I just like to read his books.

3. Michael

Michael New Member

The interesting thing about science, history, rationality, or objectivity is that none of them give flip what you are willing to accept.

4. daBronx

daBronx New Member

Oh I would have to disagree with that,after all why write it in the first place if they didn't care what you or I believed or accepted as fact.

5. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Hey Shartsoe,

The Avatarmalso has another meaning, in Italian, it means,

Red Hand
    revenge
    Fatita
    It is putting a Hex on someone
    It means back at ya x 10
    It Also represents, "The Red Hand," in some translations
    The Greeks use, "The Blue Eye."
    IT WORKS!
    Sorry for hijacking the thread, I'm not a biblical Philosopher, but I know my ancestral,Folklore. Let's not even bring in The Romanians, aka Gypsies...and others.
    It also hurts my eyes, I have Menieres and its too bright for my eyes.
    But, it is kinda cool, I wonder what it would look like in black and whites.
    Bye, Gina

6. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Don't be ridiculous. It's from the Matrix and shartsoe is correct. I think you must be unwell to reason this way.

7. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Gina, have you seen The Matrix? Are you aware that Intrepid has talked about it before on .org? Those don't look like red hands or blue eyes. They look like pills. In The Matrix they represent a choice. It's not nice to accuse someone of putting a hex on you. Frankly, I've never seen anyone use that kind of talk on .org. Please try to be civil.

8. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Dear me, I interpreted Art while maybe upset, but I meant no one Ill will.

Pray forgive me, I didn't follow the Matrix thread.

It's a beautiful avatar, but it still hurts my eyes!, lol!