Bi-cross hearing aids...

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by blessed, Oct 5, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. blessed

blessed New Member

Anyone have them?? If so, how do you like them?

2. Andrea1962

Andrea1962 New Member

I have them and I like them. I am stepping up a notch though and will soon have a bone anchored hearing aid.

Here are the BiCros aids:

[​IMG]

Blessed:

I was just going through your previous posts and saw that you already have a conventional aid. My system consists of a conventional aid a with an FM receiver boot and a transmitter. I would suggest giving it a try.

3. blessed

blessed New Member

I am seriously considering them. The girl who fit the hearing aid I have now and who is constantly adjusting it to my ever changing ear, is really wanting me to try them. She thinks that they would at least help me alot at work with my transcription. As she is a friend, I don't think she is just trying to make a sale. I can get a thirty day free trial. Thanks for the pic. I am assuming they fit behind the ear? The ones that she is telling me about fit in the ear and have some kind of wire that goes behind your neck under the hairline bringing the sound from your "good" ear to the deaf one. Is that kind of how yours work? I don't see a wire. What brand are they? I can't even imagine sound coming from my right side again. It's been alot of years.

4. ToniG

ToniG Guest

HI..I just got some new digital wifi bi-cross hearing aids. They are hard for me to adjust to because I'm hearing more than I am used to hearing.

5. Andrea1962

Andrea1962 New Member

My aids and compnents are all made by Phonak and are wireless.

I am not sure that "in the ear" aids would work for a bicros as they work with FM frequencies and must communicate with one another. Maybe that is whys she is looking at wires. Mine are pretty much invisible in the ear with the pink earmolds and the aid behind the ear. I have always put "sound quality" ahead of appearance, and have been wearing aids since I was about 18 years old.

FYI- the bicros with all of the components were about $1500 (Canadian) about a year and a half ago.

6. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Blessed -

I had a "dead" ear and never thought an aid would help. But I tried it and it did. You just never know until you try!