Betaserc And Arlevert - Results

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Rumi, Oct 9, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Rumi

Rumi New Member

Hi all,
    I`d like to report the following information:
    From last December to June I have been experiencing dizziness, small daily and sometimes debilitating verigo attacks. I`ve been on corticosteroids,combined with drugs, widening the blood vessels and vitamins. No result. Then Betaserc for 3 months. No result. Then Betaserc + Arlevert/dimenhydrinat+cinnarisine/. I`ve taken them for nearly a month and no dizziness, just occasional vertigo attacks. I felt so normal again.I didn`t stop Betaserc.
    In September it all started again so I started taking Arlevert tgether with SERC again. After about 20 days from the beginning I feel a lot better.Almost no dizziness. I hope to be OK again.I `d be glad if my experience helps ohter MM sufferers=

Best wishes,

Rumi

2. SMC

SMC Look for the footprints in the sand......

Thanks for the info Rumi. I'm curious about the widening of the blood vessels. May I ask what drugs your doctor prescribed for that? Did you undergo a MRA or MRI that showed restrictions? Good luck with your treatment and welcome to the forum!
    SherryC

3. Rumi

Rumi New Member

Hi SMC,
    I`ve been here lots of times, more reading than writing.I was registered with the same name.
    No restrictions were were found but this combined therapy/corticosteroids...so on/ is frequently used in my country. The first two or three times it was successful. I had my hearing back for a couple of months each time and the tinnitus disappeared. the last two applications had no effect.
    I think the blood vessels widening drugs are prescribed because in that way the blood circulatoin of the inner ear is improved. Sometimes doctors suspect that blood vessels spasms cause the sudden appearance of tinnitus and the sudden worsening of hearing.
    The first drug was Trental, then the doctors prescribed Pentiline,Pentifiline or Pentoxyfiline. THey are one and the same thing. I`m not sure about the spelling.