Best corn on the cob ever and it's so easy

Discussion in 'Your Lovely Kitchen' started by bdavis, Aug 17, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. bdavis

bdavis It takes skill to trip over flat surfaces.

I don't know if anyone else has ever tried this but I got the idea from my Mom who got the idea from a lady at Weight Watchers.
    Take an ear of corn still in the husk
    Peel back the husk but don't remove it.
    Take all the silk out of the cob and wash it thoroughly.
    Then smear your choice of butter/margarine on the inside of the husks and rewrap the husks around the cob.
    Put the ear on a plate and put in the microwave for 2 1/2 minutes.
    Be careful taking the plate out of the oven because it will be hot.
    Pull back the husk and take a bite of the corn.
    It will absolutely melt in your mouth.

2. mcdizzy

mcdizzy "Now Who's the Dumbass Dumbass"

That sounds interesting! Just came in from the garden with fresh corn to cook for our supper tonight. Will give it a try. :)

3. bdavis

Great! Let me know what you think.

4. mcdizzy

mcdizzy "Now Who's the Dumbass Dumbass"

Two thumbs up...

5. bdavis

6. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

We always make our corn in the microwave...but I don't take the silk off first, it comes off pretty easily once it's steamed. I just cut off the excess at the stem end and any loose stuff at the top.

I also don't put butter on it, because DH refuses to eat it off the cob (gets stuck in his teeth ::))....once it's cooked, he slices off the kernels into a bowl. THEN we drown it with butter....or not!!! :D

BTW - if dinner isn't quite ready when the corn is done you can wrap them in a kitchen towel to stay warm.

Good post, Job1315!

7. Shining

Shining "knowing is half the battle" ~~~GI Joe

Yummy! My neighbor just gave me about 10 ears of corn from her garden. She is so sweet! Thanks for a good idea on how to microwave them.

8. pardonme

pardonme Guest

9. Sheri61

Sheri61 New Member

I do in-the-husk-with-silks in the oven, but this is a great idea for those nights when I don't have as much time to cook. I'll give it a try!

10. Sheri61

Sheri61 New Member

Had some fresh corn on hand, so I decided to give your cooking technique a try for dinner tonight. The corn was FABulous! Thanks!

11. Papajoe

Papajoe Myco-dental Freak of Nature

Dittos on the corn in the husk in the microwave. The silks just drop off when you cook it. I also like to leave mine a little under-done so it'll be crisper and less mushy.

12. AaronsMom

AaronsMom New Member

I have never tried this. I have always cooked corn on the cob on the grill wrapped in foil. This I have to try!!