Battlefield of The Mind Oct-28 chapters3-4

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by charisse, Oct 28, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Cathy

Cathy New Member

"I have felt like giving up at times. But what does this mean? When you give up, short of taking your life, what does that mean for you?"

Giving up to me means giving in spiritually. It is those times when we just want to "veg out". Not read our Bibles or spiritual books, not listen to Christian music, not seek Him. I have turned to TV as a means of escape. Also, "pigging out" on foods I shouldn't. Later, I have felt worse than before. What I know I should do is praise Him, especially when I don't feel like it. At those times, I get an attitude change for the better.

2. blessed

blessed New Member

Cathy,

Thanks for the encouragement on the Bible study. I won't say that it hasn't crossed my mind but sometimes confidence is hard to come by. I will pray about your idea of starting something on here. If it was impressed on you for me to do that, I will pray for confirmation. I know I am always asking God to tell me what it is he wants me to do but seems that my line is always busy when he calls :)

3. Cathy

Cathy New Member

How far do you let yourself go before you say stop?

Hopefully, no more than one day, but sometimes there are weeks. I have felt fatigue over the weekend and couldn't do my Bible study. I could read some but nothing really heavy - my mind just couldn't comprehend. The past two nights, God has given me wonderful sleep. I woke up this morning thanking Him, and I feel he was telling me that we need those times of rest. He is always with us. Steve and I are always seeking, seeking, seeking which is okay because we are so hungry for Him. But sometimes my mind and body have to stop. I guess what I am saying is that He is with us always, even when we feel we are not obedient. It is His wish to give us rest and comfort.

4. Gwendelyn

Gwendelyn New Member

Well before reading this book, I would let myself go pretty far. I know exactly what you all are talking about when you speak of laying in bed a weeping bitterly. In the past few months I have found it hard to respond to God's will even when He asks me to do something I can clearly see is in my best interest. It's as if my despair is so great that I refuse to be comforted.

These are emotions I have never experienced I my life before. It is not who I am and it is not what God wants me to be. Over the last few weeks I have been watching what I have been thinking and when negative thoughts start to fill my head, I stop them and start praising God with song. It is amazing! The pressure lifts and I feel freedom. Sometimes it takes up to an hour but it does work and my life is more at peace then it has been in a long time.

5. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

Gwendeyln,

I know so well what your talking about. So many days I would say I don't want to do any of it. I was angry, still happens not as much though. We get so caught up in whats happening to us. I have to come here and pm a friend to get through it. If I was all alone I think I would be in a nut house.