Baseball Time

Discussion in 'Your Fun 'n Games Room' started by wlyeager, Apr 9, 2008.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. CdnTBear

CdnTBear Every minute spent in anger is a minute wasted

Linda - it's really unfortunate to see Frank Thomas go downhill so quickly. Especially after the big celebration/presentation the Jays did for him last year when he hit his 500th homerun - we were actually there (coincidence). It was the same day we met with Gibby and my son got the souvenir bat.

Poor Frank was only hitting about 0.168 before being released. I hope for his sake that he can make a comeback. You never want to see a good player like that go down.

2. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Christine -

I really think Frank will be okay in Oakland and will start hitting again soon. He did a GREAT job for us in 2006 and I hated to see him go. Sometimes it's just team chemistry. For now, we're happy to have him back.

3. wlyeager

wlyeager Fly fishing is good for the soul

Well the Stros lost 2 out of 3 in St. Louis. No love lost between these two teams. Are the Red Sox in a slum now or what?

4. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

I think we should take a picture for posterity..........the Rays and Orioles are in first place in the AL East!

5. justcallmedizzy

justcallmedizzy New Member

I'd like to see the Big Red Machine come back!!!!

6. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

The A's had a big night against the Angels last night. I hope they can keep that up for the next three games!

Zito...Zito...Zito -- the Giants sent him to the bullpen. Hope he can get his stuff back.

7. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Ughhhh - the A's were hot Monday night and scored 14 runs. Naturally, their bats went cold Tues and Wed and they lost both of those games. :( :(

Looks like the Red Sox luck has returned.

8. wlyeager

Did you see the highlights of The Big Hurt chugging out that triple the other night! Good for Thomas.

OK, the Stros blow another one yesterday in Phoenix. We have bullpen issues. Maybe getting home will get us straightened out.

9. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Yeah, and he was a homer shy of the cycle.

Bring it on, Frank!

10. captainsaffi

captainsaffi New Member

Yesterday's A's game was awesome!

11. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Yes it was. Did you get a Campy jersey? Where were you sitting?

12. wlyeager

OK, Linda what is up with the A' getting slapped around by the Rangers?

Astros sweep the Dodgers (but Berkman cools off) and head to San Francisco; can Zito pitch to 0-8?

This weekend the Astros come to Dallas to play the Rangers; sweet!

13. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

The A's had trouble with the Rangers in Oakland, too. ??????

But they are still in first place in the AL West - thanks to the Angels losing! :)

I predict it's time for Zito to win, but he will need some RUN SUPPORT. I heard a stat on the radio that his team gave him a total of 9 runs in 7 games. That IS NOT good run support. BUT, he needs to talk to Maddux. Zito is not a power pitcher and his curve isn't working anymore. He needs to change his strategy.

From 4/21 article: Zito, who has received 1.23 runs per game -- the lowest support in the National League.

Hmm, wonder how the Rangers will fare against the Astros? Should be fun.

14. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Well, Zito pitched much better tonight. He didn't get a win......but he didn't get a loss either. I think that's progress!

15. wlyeager

The Astros are getting better at these comeback wins. Last night was two in a row. Berkman went 3-4.

Do you think anyone will pick up Bonds this year?

16. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

No, I really don't think so. Can't think of an AL team that needs him and all his baggage.

17. wlyeager

The Stros are losing 7-3 in the fifth today against the Giants. On this 10-game road trip we are 5-1 so far. Tomorrow on to the Rangers. I will be at the game on Saturday, Oswalt vs. Padilla. Should be fun.................

18. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

The A's just got swept by the Indians. :'(

A's bats have gone cold.

19. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Yeah, well, the Astros came back and won that game.

20. wlyeager

Woo Hoo! As long a Berkman gets to bat we have a chance. Let's see how many batters Padilla plunks tomorrow. I will be at the game.