Autoimmune Disease: Do I Have It? What Are The Symptoms?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by earshurt, Jan 1, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Eh, if you don't alter your style of posting it will continue to be a problem on any thread. I wish you would hear what people are saying to you. It is not your Big Pharma experience that is turning people off although it is agreed you may have gone a little overboard with that but we will forgive you for that. :D Just try not to go to extremes and divide the posters here on that or any point and we all get along fine.

I won't repeat what Taximom just said but she has got it right. You keep acknowledging what we all have spent a lot of time and effort to say to you but it doesn't seem to be sinking in. We have clearly told you what the problem is with your posting so please listen and learn. The fact that many here continue to believe that you have an agenda here when you claim you don't indicates that there is a problem with your style. No one else here is having the same problem that you are having.

When discussing your symptoms/disease answer the questions honestly and directly. Our symptom group is vastly different and it helps the rest of us know what advice to offer. I promise we won't vote you off the island if your symptoms are not that horrific. When you are wishy-washy describing your symptoms it gives us more doubts because we can all state very clearly what we are suffering with and for a lot of us it has taken over a lot of our life.

2. earshurt

earshurt New Member

Thank you for the advice Caroline. It is well taken in the spirit you intend. I realize that you only want the best for us all as I do.

I think a lot of the problem is that I have that "pencil pocket protector geeky mentality" and it does not lend itself to proper social blending. I did not realize it inhibited my ability to communicate as badly as it does. My mind is very binary. It calculates constantly in an effort to rule out inaccuracy. I am too "serious" and I do not have enough "play" in my mentality. This is my fault and not the fault of others.

I appreciate your critique and criticisms of my style of communication, I sincerely do, and I will attempt to do better in the future.

3. earshurt

earshurt New Member

I have never sold anything but I did offer to send Tbone something for free. Nobody in this forum can say I have ever offered to sell them anything. I offer my sources from where I get my products because herbs cannot always be gotten in a pharmacy.

Again, I buy my product from people like Nowfoods, Vitaminshoppe, frontiercoop, etc...

I never sell anything and I have never offered to sell anyone anything. I will however send desperate people things I have until they find a source. I consider it humane.

4. June-

June- New Member

I don't like the ploy. The pretending to be asking for advice when your real thought is that you already have the answer and your intention is to disseminate information. No one likes to be used. And no one likes to be thought so stupid that they would fall for that. I think that is how you get hostile responses right from the git go. Say what you mean and let people take it how they will. Some will agree, some won't but they will know you are being straight forward with them and respect that.

If you are no longer a salesman, ditch the sales persona. How did a geek ever get into sales in the first place? That's unusual.

5. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Excellent :D

If you can see the problem and work on it things will get so much easier. We accept your geek side, just work on the social side, respect the others here and take your time when typing your post and as I have said before, talk with us and not at us, and be very careful of exagerated or inaccurate information.

6. earshurt

earshurt New Member

It was meant to start out as a broad topic about autoimmune dysfunction with everybody invited to participate. As the thread progressed I intended to show some links I have that may be pertinent. It was my only intention. I apologize if it was taken any other way. As I stated, my style of communication is too binary and for that I apologize.

7. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

EH, do you understand that this is the wrong way to go about things here now?

8. earshurt

earshurt New Member

I do now!

9. earshurt

earshurt New Member

I promise we won't vote you off the island if your symptoms are not that horrific.

And just so you know my symptoms are very horrific. When this hit me I went from 198 pounds down to 140 pounds within months. My hair turned grey and fell out in wads. I was so bad off I drank water out of a dirty shoe because it was the best I could manage. I was alone. I had nobody to help me.

I survived by the grace of I don't know what. I have of course done a lot of research on autoimmune dysfunction. Autoimmune dysfunction is something a lot of us share. Due to genetics, according to the research I have done, some of us draw a worse card than others. For some people, due to genetics in my opinion, an invader to the immune system can produce mild or catastrophic symptoms.

My intent for this thread was to illustrate some of the reasons and research for why I believe some of us are afflicted worse than others. From my research it seems that my genetics allowed autoimmune dysfunction to settle in the lateral ventricles of the brain. This is uncommon. It usually only happens to 1 in every few hundred people. The rest of the people become afflicted to varying degrees according to the research I have done.

Since I do not have the social skills to present this research I am not sure how I will ever present it but perhaps I may try again at some point in the future.

10. earshurt

earshurt New Member

I do not understand the question. Can you be more specific?

11. earshurt

earshurt New Member

My ability to pick up on humor is sometimes limited according to what I have been told. I work on this though and I do have the ability to spot humor and engage it. This seems to be something that has become exacerbated since my illness. So forgive me if I do not comprehend it at times.

12. CGR

CGR Guest

EH, just be who you are. Its not fair to expect someone to change their entire personality just to post here.

But keep the posts factual. :)

13. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

OMG... this sounds exactly like something that Sheldon on Big Bang Theory would say. ROFLMAO!! :D

14. June-

June- New Member

Lots of us don't get all the humor here. That is not a problem at least on the living room.

15. earshurt

earshurt New Member

I am glad that you understand. In person I smile when I talk, I really do. But in writing it seems to come across all wrong. Maybe I should use these smiley faces that you use? That would help yes? ;D

16. earshurt

earshurt New Member

Leave my turmeric alone. :D That is what turns off the IL-12 production that antagonizes the Th1 pitbulls which attempt to eat the more vital structures in my skull. :eek:

17. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

I cannot leave tumeric alone, I am
    now addicted to it. Just trying to get the dosage right to get maximum benefit without overdoing it.

18. earshurt

earshurt New Member

It will not cure you most likely, but if you have chronic inflammation like me it will help. Does your ear have a lot of painful inflammation bulldog?

19. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

My ear is not the only thing that has chronic inflamation.
    Will it other things as well or just my ear

20. earshurt

earshurt New Member

I am assuming that since you said "i cannot leave it alone" that it is helping yes? How much did you take and how long have you been taking it? If you just started the benefit will increase in two to three days as the inflammation begins to die down.

And yes if you have inflammation related pain in the rest of your body it should help because it shuts down the IL-12 production which causes the Th1 cells to attack your body.

However, do not confuse muscle spasm with pain from inflammation. Even though related, and muscle spasm is often caused by chronic inflammation, it will most likely not help with "load bearing muscle" pain.

By load bearing muscle pain I refer to muscles as in the lower back. These muscles are huge and are often associated with compromised discs in the back. Even though inflammation in these areas does contribute to muscle spasm they are probably stressed. Correcting the inflammation will not necessarily correct the underlying defect of which the muscles are trying to compensate for. So even though the inflammation may be less, the muscles will continue to attempt to compensate which will result in spasm.

Make sense? Or should I try again? I will if necessary.