Autoimmune Disease: Do I Have It? What Are The Symptoms?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by earshurt, Jan 1, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. earshurt

earshurt New Member

I would probably want to try them on myself first before I started a thread on it. But I tell ya the more I keep reading the more I wonder if they might not even be better than what I am doing now. I need to see how they mitigate inflammation first though before I would have an inkling. I see that it makes a reference to Egyptian black cumin seeds as having higher amounts of certain things. Do you know anything about that Intrepid? That is what pains me about using this stuff. Grown in one country works great. Grown in another country may not work at all. And then when you try to find stuff "you know" was grown in the right place all the lines start to blur and it gets frustrating.

2. earshurt

earshurt New Member

gardenfish do you use cumin for your illness? And if so how good does it work for you? I am really interested in this and I have only been reading for ten minutes and still don't know hardly anything about it but man it sure does sound good.

3. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

wondering about contraindications here

4. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

I eat it because it tastes good. If I eat too much the hair on my chest falls out. Weird. So, I eat enough to satisfy my taste for it and that's all. Good spice.

5. earshurt

earshurt New Member

The hair on your chest falls out? Wonder what that is all about? Do you know where they are grown?

6. earshurt

earshurt New Member

gardenfish when you eat it do you notice that you feel better? Or if you don't eat it you feel worse? Do you have horrible inflammation like me and does it seem to help? I'm telling ya, if I don't keep the inflammation down it gets so bad that I just want to tell the doctors to go in there and tear it all out and get rid of it. Its that bad.

7. CGR

CGR Guest

Only one way to find out. ;D

Come on, they're both food. They can't kill you when taken together, right?

8. earshurt

earshurt New Member

It got so bad that I tried betamethasone ear drops. It helped "a tiny bit". But that is a wrong wrong thing to do because it tears up the epithelial lining in the ear canal so I stopped doing that no matter how bad it hurt. As long as I do what I do now i'm ok and things are pretty good as long as I don't miss sleep. One bad night of sleep makes it several times worse. I use trazedone to sleep because i'm not willing to risk a bad night of sleep.

9. June-

June- New Member

Cumin is great in chili.

Earshurt, are you sure none of the herbs make the inflammation worse? I have a lot of allergies to plants and pollens and herbs are a risky business for me. Herbal tea is a disaster. Usually we get allergic to things we eat or are exposed to a lot. Many herbs are close relatives of the stuff that makes us sneeze.

10. CGR

CGR Guest

cumminturmericfoundation.org?

11. CGR

CGR Guest

What is trazedone? Is that a sleeping pill?

Have you tried melatonin?

12. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

I volunteer to be on the cumin and tumeric council if there is one. I have been the guinea pig for just about everything else in my life.

I will try anything to tame the beast before I take my ear out back and shoot it.
    Can you take tumeric and cumin together. I think I took way tooo much tumeric last night.
    What is the correct dose again EH

13. CGR

CGR Guest

I do that about an hour before to get relaxed. Then occasionally i used melatonin. I've used it more lately with the withdrawals.

14. CGR

CGR Guest

It's not 2 cups per dose.

15. CGR

CGR Guest

Not tĂșcum?

16. earshurt

earshurt New Member

bulldog I take about two to three teaspoons a day. One thing I know about it is that when you first start taking it, it can make you feel worse for a couple of days. It has the ability to kill pathogens like fungus or whatever. So if it is killing something as they die they become toxic. That did not happen to me but I know it happens to some people. It happened to my dad so bad he had like serious flu symptoms.

17. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Seriously, I will check it out tomorrow, and report the results tomorrow night. Thanks for the tip.

18. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

nothing I eat seems to help my symptoms. I enjoy things that taste good. However, I am not about to stop eating spices just in case them help me, especially cumin because Ilike it so much.

19. CGR

CGR Guest

Hmmm, maybe that's why i feel worse today.

20. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

it is an antidepressant with sedative properties