Auto insurance premium

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by daBronx, Sep 12, 2013.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. daBronx

daBronx New Member

Last Friday I got a letter from AAA asking me to write down the number of miles on my odometer so that AAA can determine what my auto insurance premium will be for 2014.
    For the last 9 months I've driven 2450 miles.My current insurance premium for 2013 is $1256.I've had no accidents or any tickets during this time.
    I sure hope my auto insurance doesn't go up.

2. June-

June- New Member

Maybe it will go down?

3. Titus

Titus New Member

In Florida, if you drive less than a certain number of miles per year, it does go down. It's funny because I have a fairly old car (2006 Toyota RAV4.) The coverage has been the same for over 7 years and the premium has steadily increased (just by a small amount) each year.

4. daBronx

daBronx New Member

I think if a car is older than 5 years it might be a good idea to drop collision insurance.

5. June-

June- New Member

I used to think that. But have you priced used cars lately? I was rearended by an uninsured driver last year. Actually, i dont know if it was my collision or some other component that paid for repair of my car.

6. Titus

Titus New Member

I was also hit by an uninsured driver. I have a $1,000 deductible and the book value of my car is around $12,000. The collision is about $55 every six months and I really want this car to last 4 more years until I retire. In Florida, we have no fault which gets complicated but I think I'll keep the collision.

7. daBronx

daBronx New Member

I found out my auto insurance premium for next year went down from $1,256 a year to $1,089.per year.

8. Titus

Titus New Member

Mine runs around $600 a year. If you have a high FICO score, your car insurance will be lower. This will happen in every State very soon.

9. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

we just saved money by switching to Progressive, then a month later, my son wrecked his mother's new Lexus. I guess it's going to be going back up