Autism, mercury and...Meniere's?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Taximom5, Jan 3, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Wino

Wino Resident Honey Badger

That, and I certainly hope she isn't putting any of her savings into any type of 401(k) plan or even into a bank. Anything other than putting your money into a coffee can and burying it in the backyard exposes you to corruption from big business and crooked bankers, who have put the entire world into this current financial crisis.

2. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

I think you are correct about those industries. The difference is, we are not injecting ourselves with their products.

I agree with you about not throwing out the baby with the bathwater, but that's exactly what is happening, because many people are now refusing ALL vaccines, because they have seen the track record of the pharmaceutical industry regarding vaccines, how they covered up SV-40 in polio, how they manipulated studies to make it look like vaccines were effective, and how they pushed through a pediatric vaccine schedule that contains several unnecessary, inadequately tested, and highly reactive vaccines .

I have never recommended that anyone refuse all vaccines. I'm only saying that ESPECIALLY people with autoimmune disorders research them from both sides of the issue--because the doctors simply don't know.

3. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

Nice, Wino. I really appreciate your attempt to demean my perspective.

4. vikinggal011

vikinggal011 New Member

Taximom how do you know that Meniere's or MAV is an autoimmune disorder? I just don't understand how MAV is autoimmune.

5. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

I'm not saying that they are always autoimmune, but many cases are. In addition, there is an extreme;y high percentage of members here with autoimmune disorders like celiac, autoimmune thyroid disease, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, AIED, etc.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12622783

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8452018

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6834965

The fact that the first treatment of choice for MM is steroids--even though the doctors say they don't know WHY steroids work, when they do work-- suggests that the doctors believe that there is an autoimmune component to MM.

As for MAV: http://www.bioportfolio.com/news/article/82319/Vertigo-And-Autoimmunity.html

People with celiac whose migraines and/or MAV are triggered ONLY by gluten clearly have an autoimmune component to their migraines.

This doesn't mean that ALL cases of MM/MAV are autoimmune-related. I don't know whether there is an autoimmune component to candida--ask PapaJoe about that one. And I don't know if there is an autoimmune component to cervical misalignment; I would doubt it, but ask Henry Sullivan about that one.

6. June-

June- New Member

I can't argue with that, but that is not what I think I have been hearing you say.

7. feelbizarre

feelbizarre New Member

I am not allowed to get flu shots or any type of vaccination anymore. Many of my neurological issues started shortly after getting the flu vaccine in 2003. I had a fever for 2 and a half years after that. But my history has always been of having strange reactions allergies to things since I was a wee one. On and off positive autoimmune blood tests, over the years had Colitis, reactive arthritis, endometriosis and other strange things that come and go. My mother blames it on taking diet pills while she was pregnant with me. But that is me and my screwed up system to start with. When you are given the shot they usually give you a pamphlet stating there is a small risk of developing a neurological disorder usually Guillain-Barre.

I didn't bother getting my kids the H1N1 shot because by the time it was available we had already had it.

8. June-

June- New Member

Did you not see the whole neighborhood that blew up killing people, destroying houses because of improper handling of a gas line? Have you seen a well contaminated with gas? Do you know how many children (and adults) die from auto accidents? Do you know how many are caused by cell phones?
    I could go on ad nauseum. People die every day by the thousands from preventable causes. And every one can be associated with greed. (You are up against human nature there, I have no idea how you will get around that one). Continuous improvement is the goal, perspective is the key.

9. vikinggal011

vikinggal011 New Member

Exactly, otherwise we'll have bad anxiety!

10. Daize

Daize New Member

oh my goodness. interesting post.

11. MrMan

MrMan New Member

Re: Autism, mercury and...Meniere\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s?

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2009/10/a-short-history-of-vaccine-panic/
    http://www.wired.com/magazine/2009/10/ff_waronscience
    http://www.wired.com/magazine/2009/10/ff_waronscience_reading
    http://www.wired.com/magazine/2009/10/ff_waronscience_argument
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/product.aspx?r=1&isbn=9781439158647&itm=1&usri=seth+mnookin&afsrc=1

12. June-

June- New Member

Quote from: LisaB on Yesterday at 08:29:53 am

One problem with the internet is I think you can find a source to say anything you want.

Lisa

at least you don't have to pay them!

13. Ladysmokeater

Ladysmokeater Peace be with you my friend

My understanding is that MAV, or Migrane Affected Vertigo is caused by specific typed of inflimation in the ear and or brain that is commonly called a migrane. Most people think of a migrane as a headache only, but it is much more. It can be face flushing, vertigo, headache, neck and shoulder ache, vision issues, sinus type pain, scalp sensitivitiy and a number of other types of symproms and pain associated with the head and upper neck. It generally manafests itself as a headache. The books I have read have not meantioned a autoimmune connection to MAV, but have suggested some foods contain natural (or in some cases synthetic) chemicals that cause changes in our bodies that trigger the migranes.
    Many times MAV can be treated with a preventitive medicine such as topomax and also by simply avoiding known trigger foods and stress (haha like we can avoid that) Other times DRs perscribe a medicine to stop the migraine, but not prevent it. (prevention sounds good to me but thats just me)
    MAV, again, according to the books I have read, is not autoimmune. Many doctors dont even believe that MAV is a migraine issue, they think only headaches are migranes. My ENT believes that MAV is real and can be treated. I lucked up with him

14. vikinggal011

vikinggal011 New Member

That was exactly what I have thought for the last 18 months or so. I defiently do not think migraine is autoimmune and I have no idea if Meniere's is either. And I defiently believe that people who have real autoimmune disorders (diabeties, etc.) should be vaccinated, vaccinations are SO important I'm sorry but they really are.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,379388,00.html
    -Measles Outbreak is the leading cause of death among children in poor countries.
    http://health.usnews.com/health-news/family-health/infectious-diseases/articles/2010/03/22/measles-outbreak-triggered-by-unvaccinated-child?PageNr=2
    -Another what can happen when an family chooses not to vaccinate.
    -" Autism Speaks fully supports childhood immunization and strongly encourages parents to vaccinate their children." autismspeaks.org supports vaccination!

15. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

Yes, AutismSpeaks supports vaccination.

Many of the other autism groups believe that Autism Speaks is a front group for the pharmaceutical industry. See http://adventuresinautism.blogspot.com/2010/06/another-bad-faith-move-by-autism-speaks.html and www.ageofautism.com.

In fact, the one of the FOUNDERS of Autism Speaks resigned, complaining that the group went in exactly the opposite direction than originally intended.

Before recommending that those with autoimmune disorders receive vaccines, those vaccines need to be TESTED amongst that group.

People with autoimmune disorders have ALWAYS been excluded from vaccine testing, because they are considered high-risk for adverse reactions to the vaccines.

16. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

This is the most compelling anecdote I have ever seen, and the mom writing this is much better at putting things into words than I am. It's in response to a piece by Trine Tsouderos, who wrote how, while she was up holding her croupy baby all night, she couldn't believe that any sane parent would think twice about vaccinating, because (she believes) there is no proof that vaccines can cause autism:

"Now we live in a new reality. When my child reacted violently to the vaccines and was rushed by ambulance to the emergency room where we would fight for life for the next month, only to never fully recover, eventually diagnosed with Autism. I didn't get to cuddle my child through this illness, I wasn't allowed to touch her, or sit next to her crib listening to breathing, I wouldn't have heard it anyway over the life support machines. But according to you, I am just wrong.

The reason this will not go away is because hundreds of others witnessed our downfall, the regression, the once healthy child now locked in her own world. The evidence is conclusive and it is certainly not epidemiologic study after epidemiologic study paraded out and paid for by our alphabet agencies protecting their own collective butts. Not real science, number crunching, easily manipulated to get the only answer they want, it can be anything in the world, but not the vaccines!!! When even those studies showed a connection, they manipulated the numbers to make it go away. But they can't make our kids go away."

17. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

Sorry, Intrepid, I only just saw your post.

No, that is not what I am saying.

I avoid things that have been proven to cause problems for me--either by past personal experience (allergic reaction to thimerosal in eyedrops, followed by severe reactions to vaccines), by tests (gluten), or a combination of the two.

18. vikinggal011

vikinggal011 New Member

So you're saying that people who have Type 1 Diabeties have never been vaccinated? I think that's BS, sorry. Would you feel bad if your child gave an illness to another child who has say not been vaccinated due to age and that child died? I would feel awful.

19. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

No, I'm not saying that at all. Please reread my post more carefully before you call it BS.

I said that they are excluded from vaccine TESTING. Only healthy subjects are allowed into vaccine tests.

So do you feel terrible that my children--who WERE vaccinated-- had life-threatening reactions to vaccines? Do you feel bad that I held my seizing 2-month-old an hour after his vaccines, while the nurse told me over the phone that I was a nervous mommy over-reacting, that I didn't need to speak with the doctor, and that I should give the baby Tylenol, put him in his crib, and walk away until I was calmer? Do you feel terrible for the babies who have died from vaccine reactions? Or the thousands who have brain damage from vaccine reactions?

Where do you draw the line?

20. vikinggal011

vikinggal011 New Member

But I know PLENTY of people who have diabeties and other autoimmune conditions who were vaccinated and live healthy normal productive lives. I feel bad for children who get a serious disease from a condition that can be prevented from a vaccination. Sorry, there are reasons for vaccinations. It's so rare for people to have such severe reactions. How do you know your child didn't experience a febrile seizure after a vaccination it's completely possible? Infantile seizures can make one have a mental handicap but I'm sure you already know that. I'd rather have a child who has Autism than a child who is blind from Rubella or one that is dead from measles or teatnus. Maybe you've never been in a situation but I've been bit by a nasty out of control dog in my neighborhood yeah I'm lucky that I had a teatnus shot. And that Gardasil vaccination hurts like hell but guess what it hurts a whole lot less than the chemo, radiation, and early hysterectomy that cervical cancer can bring. That's where we draw the line. Like I said, I'd much much rather have a child with Autism than one that's dead or permanently blind.