Authorities search for missing members of cult-like Palmdale group

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by barnyardbird, Sep 19, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. barnyardbird

barnyardbird Guest

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-0919-suicide-20100919,0,7862982.story?track=rss

Just thought I'd post this.I have no further comments on the subject

2. karenlr

karenlr New Member

They were found late this morning praying at a wilderness park. Everyone is safe and accounted for.

3. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Wow - that is great news! Because the way that the media made it sound was that they had basically left everything behind and said they were off to kill themselves.

4. studio34

studio34 Guest

"Sheriff's Capt. Mike Parker pointed out that documents left behind by group members do not specifically mention suicide, though they do refer to "going to heaven" and the "end of the world."

Now, where have we heard that before? Hmmmm. Sad stuff.

5. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

I might have talked about those things myself, Scott.

Striking up a conversation with a Niagara Falls park ranger, he told us that just the day before, a lady jumped in and took her dog. That on the American side. Caught on park cameras. No note. No identity. But Scott, we can't blame that, or the folks in question on religion, presuming that being the point of your remark. Folks of all persuasions get distraught.

6. karenlr

karenlr New Member

Some groups talk about being ready to let go of earthly things and don't kill themselves they just practice getting rid of the clutter in their lives. They just let go of their "Stuff". Unless someone specifically stated that they were going to commit suicide, your guessing that that was the plan. I don't have to remind you of the buzz about 2012 and the end of the world. Everything was left in a purse in one persons care. He opened the purse and sounded the alarm. That was the last thing I heard about the whole thing.

7. studio34

studio34 Guest

That's true Hank but when there's a group of them all doing it in a mass suicide bid there's always some cult behind it and some serious delusional thinking. Would you not agree with that?

8. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

I will agree with that, and there was the case where that group believed some UFO was coming for them and committed a mass suicide with their black Nikes & black clothes on. This is why I always preach to be an individual no matter what your beliefs are.

9. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Stay away from the Kool Aid.