Attitude

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by gardenfish, Sep 28, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. sparksmith

sparksmith New Member

You and I both are very blessed with the mates God provided. I hope this crash will not keep yours from coming back and posting.

2. burd

burd New Member

He checks in with the forum alot, and would like to be back on, but is having a hard time with posting because he can't sit at the computer anymore...serious spine and nerve pain that makes it near impossible for him to sit for more than a couple of minutes at a time, so typing from his reclined position on the couch is very slow for him with his laptop. (he is getting extensive chiropractic treatments, got some ideas if that don't work)
    Just know he's very interested in how everyone is and reads from the forum to me when I don't have time to do for myself.

3. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

Hi Earl. Take care good man. :)
    Paul

4. sparksmith

sparksmith New Member

I have been told of a lady in manzanita, a town just down the coast from me that does special yoga treatments. She analyses the body and gives special exercises to strengthen the muscles that are affecting the spine. I can give you more info if you like I have not seen her yet myself.

5. Titus

Titus New Member

Even with a degree in psychology and formal training in self hypnosis, meditation, and guided imagery, when my brain chemistry went south, there was no "attitude" that could correct it. I appreciate positive thinking, positive speaking, putting a smile on your face, and believing things will get better. But, sometimes meds are needed and one shouldn't be ashamed or even concerned if this is what is needed to get back on track. I was so far gone I needed shock therapy (in 1999).

I just wanted to throw this in the mix because for one full year, I tried to "pull myself up", get counseling, and do everything "natural" to come out of the world of depression. It didn't work. And I almost ended up where my aunt and uncle did.....six feet under by suicide.

So, if you feel like you can't fake it till you make it, there are treatments available to get you started.

6. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

good catch, Kim. I should have stated that attitude is part of a regimen of healing. If I could care for myself without meds it would be a fabulous thing. Thank you for the clarity.
    Paul

7. pardonme

pardonme Guest

8. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

Exactly! And that too, was part of the integrated pain management program I just finished. One of the facilitators, a licensed psychologist, made it very clear that in the case of clinical depression, just counseling alone was rarely enough, and that with the wealth of medications on the market that treat depression and anxiety, there is no reason we should feel so bad when we are trying to get well. Nor should we ever feel like failures when what we really need is a jump-start to our brain chemistry!