Attack in the middle of a job interview

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Bubbles123, Sep 29, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. LisaB

LisaB New Member

I am also wanting to get a job and nervous becaue of MM, so you are a great inspiration! I think explaining to them what happened won't hurt.....maybe if it's "out there" you'll have less anxiety about it. I talked to a woman who finally got the nerve up to tell her boss- and he had MM!! He had been treated successfully with gent injections (which I think about) and is in remission. There are other steps you can try to help.....I think the meniette has been super helpful for me, you might want to try that if you're not ready for something like gent injections. Also, if I am going out on something important I take a valium tablet that helps qualm my symptoms. Good luck to you, fondly, Lisa

2. Bubbles123

Bubbles123 New Member

Well, I didn't get the job. But it looks like It might have been a blessing in disguise. I interviewed for this great job friday! I feel like it went really well. I should find out this week!! Im really excited!! :)

3. pardonme

pardonme Guest

4. SpinininOhio

SpinininOhio New Member

Bubbles
    You are top notch for continuing in the interview. Congratulate yourself for the courage and perserverance.

A couple of thoughts:

I always thought that the anxiety I felt was a psychological reaction. Not necessarily so. One night recently I woke up in full nystagmus vertigo with my heart already pounding and adrenaline drenching my system. For the first time, I realized how much anxiety is physiological, automatic response of the body to the disorientation - Danger. Danger. Danger. - signals it is getting.

The very best thing you can do when feeling an attack coming (as hard as it is at first) is to completely let go... relax every muscle, totally calm yourself, focus on breathing for a few seconds, make everything in you calm down - even your racing heart. Calm. Calm.

Once the anxiety fight/flight mechanism kicks in, it exacerbates the vertigo tremendously. Anxiety/stress hormones dramatically affect vertigo. Calm down completely and you arrest that cycle and dramatically lessen the attack and maybe bring yourself out of it immediately. I have been able to do that during the last two dozen attacks... go in and come back out in less than 30-seconds.

Also, a thought. I got really, really sick with this a while back and dizzy and off balance 24/7... really sick. Found out that the lorazepam (anti-anxiety med) they had me on on a maintenance basis was making me feel worse and was no longer helping with the attacks like it was before I went maintenance. DO NOT stop this on your own. I stopped to fast and went into withdrawal symptoms even on the small dosage I was taking. But talk with your doc about easing off and trying without for a few weeks to see if some of your symptoms improve.

Show your mom Tucker's DVD and bring her to this site. Show her some of the responses of others here to posts regarding people who do not believe we have anything wrong. I wish there were a pill that gave others vertigo for three hours one time with the stipulation the person had to go to a mall or other public place once they took it so they got the attack in public. A lot would change.

Best of luck to you. You will beat this beast down.

SpinininOhio

5. Amethyst

Amethyst She believed she could, so she did.

Good luck Bubbles!!!!!!
    My fingers are crossed for you.
    :D :D :D
    Amethyst

6. LisaB

LisaB New Member

good luck Bubbles........you continue to be an inspiration. Let us know if you get it. Sometimes luck works in mysterious ways. Lisa

7. 2DAMNDIZZY

2DAMNDIZZY New Member

Good luck I hope you get that job. Let us know how it turns out.

Maggie