Asian nails

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by dolfan, Nov 14, 2013.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

Is it my imagination or does it seem like there are more Chinese nail salons than there are people. They are popping up everywhere. Does anybody here go to them? My wife said that she does not trust them for proper hygiene.

2. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Acrylic nails are fugly. I keep my clean, fairly short, and trimmed. On occasion I use a pale nail polish but that's the extent of my fingernail grooming. All kinds of crap collect under those long, fake nails...eww.

3. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Nail salons aren't only for acrylic nails, they also provide manicures and pedicures.

They are all over here too. Quite a few Vietnamese ones too.

I stay far away from them and stick to my Day Spa for these services. Not because I have anything against other cultures but because I want to ensure that anyone working on my skin are using proper sterilization and hygiene practices. :) Also, a legitimate Day Spa aren't doing acrylic nails with their nasty smell.

4. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

** The acrylic nails having a nasty smell, not the people applying them. :D

5. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Hey Scott ... Did you hear what our Mayor said today? :D

You just can't make this stuff up!

6. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

You're right; it can be an awesome experience for some. All those smells would have me on the floor with vertigo in a NY minute.

7. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

he was arrested in Miami I think...back in 99

8. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Yes he was. They vacation in Florida so you get to share the drama with us :D

Breaking the law wherever he goes :D

9. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

His arrest was for DUI and he had marijuana on him :p

10. Janice

Janice New Member

I had acrylic nail for a while - bloody expensive and couldn't be fagged getting them refilled. The ruin your own nail underneath as well - they end up so weak it's terrible. Now I just grown my own, if they break well so be it - that's life.

11. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

"fagged"???

12. dizzysheba01

dizzysheba01 New Member

AFTER A HORRIBLE FUNGUS INFECTION :-* following a manicure, I DO. MY OWN ;D

13. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

And that is exactly why I pay a little more to go to a high end place. Those infections can be quite serious.

Sorry that you had to suffer through one xx