As a Christian,I don't agree with the bible

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by daBronx, Mar 12, 2012.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. daBronx

daBronx New Member

http://www.alternet.org/visions/154466

2. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Crazy stuff. I don't read the Family Bible in forever.

3. daBronx

daBronx New Member

Yes it is crazy.I believe in equal rights for men and women.I don't believe that a wife is her husbands possession.I believe women who are employed should get no less than their male counterparts. I'm sorry to say but I just don't think the church has conformed to modern times.I believe there should be female priests too.I'm also sorry to say that the church doesn't except gays and lesbians.
    I know a woman,a Christian woman,single who is 30 years old.She attends church every Sunday.She's also a lesbian,but she's afraid of coming out.We're all Gods children and I believe the church should adapt to modern times and except gay people.And yet presidential candidate Gingrich has been married 3 times.Why he hasn't been excommunicated from the church is beyond me.

4. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

daBronx,

You may be interested in these words from the former Premier of the state of NSW in Australia (I think the US equivalent would be Governor). She is a strong Catholic in favour of marriage equality. I think she writes very eloquently on the issue.

http://mymarriagestory.com.au/why-i-support-gay-marriage-kristina-keneally/

5. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Why do you care? Develop your own relationship with your God and focus on what brings out the best in you.

6. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

I think I like the way Kristina Keneally thinks.

dabronx - I wouldn't agree with any written statement that depicts women as being less than any other living thing. Where are you going with this - especially on this particular forum?

7. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I agree, negativity upsets some of us!