Are you in the vast majority

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Henrysullivan, Apr 21, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

I've got a pole and access to a boat and a huge lake to fish - Lake of the Ozarks...I'm on board

crappie are biting - catfish are ample in the Osage River as well - I don't eat suckers nor catfish - as my liver can not digest them but catfish is so good :)

2. Seattlekidz

Seattlekidz New Member

HORRIBLE for me to read this TODAY because I'm frustrated and scared. Almost ANY disease is affected by stress. Stress is HUGE in ANYTHING.

I hate this thing because it's really not very fun to have!!! But I do know that it is NOT a mind over matter deal.

3. Titus

Titus New Member

I really don't think Hank believes NUCCA will cure everyone dx with Menieres. He knows my history of neck/head/brain injuries and suggested that I try NUCCA first, then spinal decompression.....two non-invasive treatments before going on to something more radical.

Truthfully, when I first got dizzy I THOUGHT IT WAS MENTAL and it took several visits to a neurologist and many tests to convince me that my vestibular nerve was damaged, my neck was injured, and I had a trauma-induced brain stem injury.

The reason I thought it was partially psychological was that Xanax or Valium made it lessen. I didn't understand suppression of the vestibular system and central nervous system via benzos would help these physical symptoms.....thank God they do!

All that said, if I'm in a stressful situation, I am MORE AWARE of the 24/7 dizziness I've been experiencing for over 7 years. But the dizziness also increases when I chew a lot (TMJ issue) or strain my neck (cervicogenic vertigo.) Eating various foods triggers migraines for me so that also increases dizziness and has actually brought on vertigo episodes.

My guess is that I'm not alone.......many of us here suffer from more than one condition that causes dizziness. If NUCCA can help, even a little bit, I'll be treatful. If not, I'll proceed to spinal decompression.

4. MamaBear

MamaBear New Member

Fishing??? Someone mention fishing? Deep-sea fishing maybe?
    I'll have the Halibut and King-crab please. Maybe a Lobster tail, just for good measure!
    But then, I live in Western Canada (near 2010 Olympic venue Vancouver).

BLessings,
    MamaBear

5. Amethyst

Amethyst She believed she could, so she did.

I'm so envious MamaBear, what a beautiful part of Canada you live in......and constant access to fresh seafood, yummm. Are you right in Vancouver?

6. MamaBear

MamaBear New Member

Hello, Amethyst...
    ...No, I don't live in Vancouver, I actually live in North-Western Alberta, on an acreage just outside a City. I used the City of Vancouver name for the benefit of all my fellow Meinerians on this forum, thinking that they would be able to relate geographically to the place which held the recent Olympics. Alberta, is the second most Western Province in Canada, located just East of British Columbia. But then, you may already know where it is...Are you also from Canada?
    And yes, you are correct, Western Canada is indeed a very beautiful place. We love it here.

Blessings,
    MamaBear

7. Tara

Tara New Member

Yes, she's Canadian too. ;) As am I. Winnipeg's not all that scenic though. :)

8. MamaBear

MamaBear New Member

A fellow Canuck...how cool!

MamaBear

9. Seattlekidz

Seattlekidz New Member

I don't want to speak on behalf of another poster, but me personally on this subject ? I just don't buy it that this is psychological. Of COURSE anxiety would/could contribute to symptoms (it does for most any disease). But I wouldn't send a cancer patient to a shrink.

I does bug me that someone can make the kind of statements above. My career, my ability to parent two very young children, drive my car, etc. are just a few hurdles I have to deal with. But to tell me it's in my head? I'll just agree to disagree.

10. Amethyst

Amethyst She believed she could, so she did.

You're right, Alberta has some gorgeous areas as well. I have lots of family out in Edmonton and Calgary - love the rockies. Lots of Canadians on this forum - I'm in the Ottawa area. :)

11. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

I'm in the Toronto area. We've got Niagara Falls, the Niagara Escarpment and the Great Lakes my way. No mountains though. :-(