Anyone ever heard of this Dr./Treatment out of Italy?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by SweetTater, Jul 26, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. SweetTater

SweetTater New Member

Is the translate icon on his FB wall page? If so I don't see it.

2. acujen

acujen New Member

I don't see it either....

3. Angelea

Angelea New Member

Oh, yes, I see that now. The first time I went to the page, a pop-up bar showed up at the top of the screen asking if I wanted the page translated. Now when I go back, it is in Italian and no pop-up. But then at the top right corner of the page I clicked on the "Account" drop-down menu and when I did that, the translation pop-up bar reappeared. See if that will do it for you.

4. acujen

acujen New Member

Hmm...not working for me. But, I did friend him and asked if there was a way to translate. Seems like an interesting fellow!

5. Angelea

Angelea New Member

there must be a setting somewhere. Oh, unless it is my browser that is translating??? I use Google Chrome. I also just now right clicked on the page and one of the options was to translate to English.

6. acujen

acujen New Member

He just explained to me how to translate in English. Friend him and look at the wall post. (PS Can't right click with a Mac.)

7. bakerman

bakerman New Member

Very interesting to read his website. I wonder how his treatment plan would work for those of us in the US since there are 3 RX dugs listed and one is not available in the US? As soon as I can get to my home computer I will friend him on facebook (not allowed access to social media at work) and ask him. I've tried everything from traditional low salt with diuretics and JOH (still taking JOH supplements but symptoms are reoccurring with more frequency as of late), meniett machine, Valium (well you get the picture) Some temporary relief but nothing is working long term.

DRUGS LISTED ON THE WEBSITE:
    - a very famous serotonin re-uptake inhibitor, Paroxetine; (PAXIL in the US)
    - a dopamine inhibitor, L-sulpiride; (Not available in the US as far as I can tell)
    - Clonazepam, a benzodiazepine primarily known as anti-epilepsy.

8. SweetTater

SweetTater New Member

I sent a Friend Request and I also logged on through Google Chrome and was able to get the page translation, I think that will be helpful in the future as more discussion ensues.

9. Sholly

Sholly New Member

SweetTater,
    So glad you alerted us about this doctor and his website. It is so amazing what all I have learned from this forum. I just sent him a friend request as well as a personal message asking his opinion about anti viral drug treatment. I am curious to see if he responds.

10. SweetTater

SweetTater New Member

Please let us know if you get a response and what he says. I've been wondering this same thing but haven't had time to send questions to him.

11. SweetTater

SweetTater New Member

Here is a QUOTE from the Dr. on his FB page as a response to post from someone there:
    I belive in Meniett and I've bought 2 of them for research many yrs ago but forunately I don't need it because I can have the same level of success even without touching the ear at all and without loans... The important is to give pressure to the inner ear, thru the middel ear, and I can do it even just inflating the ear with Otovent... a simple balloon the cost much less than Meniett...
    5 hours ago ยท

12. Sholly

Sholly New Member

I friended him on facebook, and asked him his thoughts on the herpes/ antiviral drug treatment route. Here is is response:

Andrea La Torre
    You have to undestand the difference between the primary cause ( unknown) and the underlying mechanism (hydrops)... No MD can be casued by something differerent for hydrops... The question is...Can Herpes develpo hydrops.... No... So I don't think the herpes can cause hydrops... It can casue vestibular neuritis that means one single attack but not Meniere's.

My..theories is not just theory... Everything I say is something provable just knowing anathomy, physiology and ...thinking... and studying... What I've develop ist the treatment that indeed is just a different association of treatments already know but modified on the basis of direct experience with thousands of patients.

I'm fortysix...not a young doctor... It's more than 22 yrs that I'm a medicine doctor but, believe me...in this days, only for the fact I'm giving help to patients living very far I'm happy like a kid in Disneyland...

Maybe this is the reason why I can offer something more... I'm still in love with my job.... Andrea (it was always hard for me to let understand English speaking people that Andrea is a male name in Italy)... :) Best regards

13. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Interesting

14. SweetTater

SweetTater New Member

Thanks for posting his reply!

15. June-

June- New Member

I think it is worthy of note that the doctor feels he needs no trials to prove his conclusions.

16. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

In his introduction in Italian he says he has not published any scientific papers but in his English traslation he fails to address this point.

This may be important to some of you i.e. that he has no published results.

17. Jupiter

Jupiter New Member

That probably explains why, when I ran a search for more information about his treatment, I was unable to find anything other than links to his English and Italian websites.

He certainly makes an intriguing presentation. I'm very curious about the treatment he offers to patients outside Italy for 100 euros. It appears to consist of phone consultation(s) plus written instructions. Yet the treatment program he describes on his website involves multiple series of injections, use of a device he calls the Otovent, and prescription meds. Of what use is the online offering if non-Italian patients are unable to find their own providers for these key components?

18. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I speak and read Italian fluently so going through his material was a breeze. If there is any part you want more info on, let me know.

He publishes no papers. He doesn't believe in BPPV and says it's all hydrops subsequently he also pretty much disses the Sermont manouver which is along the lines of the Epley.

I have not read the whole thing but I think he says you can do the Otovent treatment at home.

19. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Also Otovent is not something he invented; he incorporates it in his treatment of hydrops. It's a balloon like contraption. See this link:

http://www.gluear.co.uk/parents/how-does-otovent-work.ashx

If you understand Italian, he also has videos where he explains his theories.

20. james

james ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

I am curious about that too.Thinking it may be as hard or harder than getting Acyclovir prescribed.

His theories do sound intriguing.Wondering what he thinks about why so many of us have Migraines as well.