Anyone else like this song by Third Day

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by leviticus, Oct 22, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t30VLEyrsPY

You are beautiful my sweet sweet song!!

2. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

I listened to this song just before I logged in and yes it is beautiful! The images along with it are breathtaking as well. Thank you Leviticus. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

3. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

Thank You, I have had a great week, wednesday I got to lead someone to Jesus, what an amazing experience it is to the Holy Spirit enter into a person's heart, Our God is AWESOME!!

4. rev

rev New Member

Praises! Wish more believers would step out in faith to share and have the experience Leviticus! Kinda makes ya' get perspective. "Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit." That is why the Great Commission is great. The "fruit" it is describing is souls.

5. tm53

tm53 New Member

Third Day rocks.

6. jim1884again

jim1884again advocating baldness be recognized as a disability

since my hearing is so bad, music all sounds weird, but my daughter does lots of the praise music at her church--when we do our normal Sunday evening cross country webcam tomorrow, I'll ask her if she does that one--sounds familiar--I asked her for years to do Lamb of God for me on a CD--by the time she did, my hearing was already too shot--from what I can tell, the song sounds like one I might have appreciated when I could still hear

7. Titus

Titus New Member

Now THAT made my day.....thanks for posting, Vic.

8. Titus

Titus New Member

Jim, I've only had short bouts of not hearing and I'm so sorry you can't hear your beautiful daughter doing her thing at church.

9. joy

joy New Member

YES! And Toby Mac(!) ... & Casting Crowns ... & Matthew West (am I gettin off topic? :p ;D)

10. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

I was a fan of DC Talk back in the day which consisted of Toby Mac, and about 3 years ago I bought a CD that Michael Tate came out with(the guy with dreadlocks in the group)and it's a really good one!

11. joy

joy New Member

Yeah, I love those guys! It's not yer momma's Christian music! :D

12. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

They were a very outgoing hip hop band but on some songs they totally mellowed out, and on this one it always gives me chills and brings a tear to my eye. It's about those that will be left behind once the rapture takes place and hell will be all you're left with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzGWrsFp_WE

13. joy

joy New Member

That's a really great song, too.

14. jim1884again

thanks Kim Titus--it is a source of sadness that I have lost that

I asked my daughter if she sings any Third Day--she said she saw them live, but she doesn't sing their songs--I did recall correctly--the song Leviticus posted was done at the church we used to attend (she thinks)

she will be coming in from Idaho Thanksgiving and she will be a guest performer at her grandmother's church and she'll sing Breath of Heaven

I have posted this before but here is my daughter doing a Dana Glover song--she says Dana is Christian artist, but I can't tell that from the song
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4VzuY3Rv44
    those who can actually hear might be able to tell

15. rev

rev New Member

Jim - I'm in the boat with you and it is emotionally painful. The thoughts of losing the ability to hear the voices of my beautiful and wonder kids - both now in college - is something I hope is never a reality. Like you, song is pretty well gone. I'm pretty much hoping for the hearing to level off before it is all gone.

16. rev

rev New Member

Larry Norman wrote and recorded this one in 1972. He died at 60 in 2008. A group I was in did it in 1978 or so. Just about every "Jesus Music" group did a version of it. It is still an awesome song. (I would post our version, but I can only find it on 8-track and can't find a player)

17. jim1884again

Mine pretty much did level off in right ear about a dozen years ago, and in left about 3-4--still only have at worst 65-70 dcb loss. You sound like you understand how strange music sounds--I took my CDs with me on a trip to west Texas in July, and with my wife's Infinity stereo turned up really loud, I could still hear and somewhat enjoy music with which I was familiar--if I haven't heard something before, I am totally incapable of appreciating it--funny how that works with we deaf folks

The song Vic posted sounded vaguely familiar but not enough I was sure I knew it--that is why I had to ask my daughter--stinks being deaf don't it?!

18. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

If you look at this video in the beginning they dedicate this song to Larry Norman's memory.

19. rev

rev New Member

I noticed that. Just wanted to get the info out that it is a great song and has been done by a done of Christian bands. I actually like loved DC Talk and their version too.

Remember cruizin down Ocean Blvd in beautiful Myrtle Beach with some DC blasting....Fun days and nights

20. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

DC Talk is very talented and the lead singer Kevin has an incredible & unique voice and I plan on picking up his solo CD one of these days.