any particular time of the day for attacks?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by gypsygirl, Oct 3, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. gypsygirl

gypsygirl New Member

i have been suffering from menieres disease for approximately nine years, and still dont know much about it... i have noticed, with a very few exceptions, that almost all of my attacks happen in the mid to late afternoon, and are often associated with severe migraines.... does this happen to others/

2. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

arbitrary for me.
    goodluck to you.
    Paul

3. dizzjo

dizzjo One day at a time & baby steps!

I was versitle and I had attacks at all hours of the day or night.

They were totally unpredictible. The attacks are arbitrary and capricious. :'( :mad:

dizzjo ??? 8)

4. Rick

Rick New Member

...My attacks came immediately after eating a food I was allergic to or when I hadn't eaten in a long time. I had several around the lunch time frame when I skipped breakfast and I had several in the evening (5:00pm) if I skipped lunch. Mornings were by far the worst because I skipped breakfast the most often.
    Rick

5. kristy

kristy New Member

I usually feel worse after lunch. During the week at work I always seem to start feeling bad around 2:30 and most of my attacks have been in the afternoon- except for my last one which happened right after eating dinner. I don't have migraines, but I do notice a slight headache before most attacks. The timing makes me wonder if I may have food-related problems, whether it is blood sugar issues or allergies. I haven't figured that out yet.

6. Ebo

Ebo New Member

Mine are atypical, start at any time, and last for up to three weeks. I've been told this is not normal :eek:

7. survivedit

survivedit New Member

Mine would usually happen in the morning. If I could make it to 1 o'clock in the afternoon, I could usually make it through the day. I have no explanation for how or why, but that was my reality.

Bob W

8. jabber

jabber New Member

mine happen whenever they feel like it, no matter where I am or what I'm doing or the time of day, they'll come in the morning, afternoon, evening and even in the middle of the night. Have never been able to associate them with anything other than being over-tired and over-stressed. Loretta

9. charlesj

charlesj New Member

Mine happen anytime. I don't knoe why. I haven't ben able to find atrigger except chocolate which I gave up a year ago.

10. shudabenanun

shudabenanun Laters baby

Mine usually happen towards bedtime and occastionally around noon time. But mostly at night when I'm at home-THANKFULLY

11. cmrasberry

cmrasberry New Member

Mine go in clusters...

For about 2 years, I would always wake up in an attack and lasted 12 hrs.
    Then, for about 6 months, they happened at night and lasted 6 hrs.
    Was in remission for about a year...yippee!
    Now, they happen at any time of day, but last for a week. Vertigo is not as severe, but longer...plus it is bilateral.

This is one weird disease!

12. larry p

larry p New Member

My attacks would come at anytime. I started to drive myself crazy analizing why I was having the attacks. My doctor told me to give up because I could not pin point how each attack started. I was at my cousin daughter wedding and only lasted 10 min before an attack. I went to another wedding and I was ok until the music played and we had to leave. Was it the noise? I do not know.

13. OnTheBorder

OnTheBorder New Member

ditto !

14. daisycow

daisycow Moo to you, too.

My attacks tend to happen when I'm tired, usually late afternoon or early evening after a hard day at work. I also get them when I'm on holiday from work and I put that down to being stress-free. I think my body feeds on stress!!

15. pardonme

pardonme Guest

16. Leon

Leon New Member

Mine can come at any time. The earliest was 4 AM and the latest 8 PM.
    Leon

17. Isis_M

Isis_M New Member

Mine seemed to happen most often in the middle of the night, waking me up from sleep.

18. rcristal

rcristal New Member

My attacks almost always come late afternoon/evening. they are accompanied by a "red ear syndrome." My problem ear turns bright red and is hot to the touch.

19. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Random and episodic.