any ideas to get rid of crawlies?

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by AmandaJ, Sep 28, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. AmandaJ

AmandaJ New Member

EW EW EW EW EW EW
    One thing i hate about kids and school is the crawlies (yes nasty nits and lice)
    i am sick of buying the lotions and potions actually i'm sick of doing my kids hair every blinking week and they keep coming back with more,i'm sick of the parents who can't be bothered to check their kids on a daily basis and eradicate this problem, makes it worse is that ew ew i found one in my own hair ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww out comes the hair dye for me though i have tried tea tree oil,conditioner and comb everyday for 2 weeks at a time every lotion they bring out but to no avail,has anyone got any deas ? i am running out of patience and ideas.

2. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

we used to go with the overnight/haircovering/mayonnaise treatment. It is yucky. Great to have kids tho. :)

3. FreshFaith

FreshFaith Ride to live. Live to ride.

Amanda.... unfortunately, i've had to deal with this more than once too...

using the shampoo works well and then using the nit comb every day for like 2 weeks is the best... and then take their stuff...pillows, stuffed animals, clothes...whatever they have been in contact with w/in the last 24 hours and put them in the dryer on HIGHHHHH hot for like 30 minutes...also blow dry your kids' hair... they cant live in the heat...but mostly, it's being patient, and consistent with that small fine nit comb...
    this has always worked well for me...

4. Bergie

Bergie New Member

Thank goodness I never had to deal with this...but I know parents and teachers who have.

YOu have to shamppo their heads everynight in that special medicated shampoo and use the fine tooth comb that comes with it. EWwww!!
    All bedding and clothes have to be washed daily in hot water and make sure they aren't in the carpets,etc.

Are you sure that hair piece doesn't have them in there? People try these wigs/hair extentions on in the stores...and maybe you caught it from that.

Good Luck...If it were me...everything would be bleached and their uniforms would be pink!!! Ahhh!!!

5. AmandaJ

AmandaJ New Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ewwwwwwwwwwww bergie no not the wig
    it was in a packet sealed hairmatch was done with a sample ewwwwwww no it was definately from the kids ,but i'm sure they were messing with my wig thing earlier,
    the shampoo and lotions do not work anymore!

6. FreshFaith

FreshFaith Ride to live. Live to ride.

amanda... they doooo work... i promise you they do... you must be patient... they will not go away over night... be diligent with the combing... and the cleaning... empty the vacuum bag and throw it OUT of the thouse...

patience, it will work... i promise you....

7. SMC

SMC Look for the footprints in the sand......

Amanda,

I used to be an elementary teacher, so I've dealt this this one many times before. The shampoos and comb may appear not to be working but I promise you that it will. The dryer hint was a good one as well. This is one aggravating problem and loads of work for you. Wash everything and keep with the shampoo and combing. Eventually it will pay off for you.
    hugs
    Sherry

8. ripper roo

ripper roo lisa

amanda

i can so relate

i used to stand for hours going over my sons head
    i treated him often and he still came home with them
    it is frustrating when others dont bother with their kids
    now i treat him then shave off his hair :mad: :mad: not bald just real short
    can do this with boys :) not really suitable for girls though

so just persever and they will be gone sooner or later

lisa