Answer to questions asked of me about my symptoms and herbal treatments

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by earshurt, Dec 1, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. June-

June- New Member

Ray has admonished us not to debate. That is why these posts are not countered by me. I have no argument with your philosophy, I question your facts.

2. earshurt

earshurt New Member

If you see a good reason why this treatment won't work I would like to know. If it won't work i'd rather know the truth.

3. June-

June- New Member

See, that's kind of a trap. If I start citing chapter and verse, that's a debate. I think you have a critical mind and if you reread your grab and go pages, you will be able to identify a lot of conjecture, hope, and prejudices(pro and con) which are the basis for many of the statements. If you have had personal experience with something such as the tumeric, I am glad to hear about that and take it into account. I will ask many questions as I did about that. But read the rest with your critical eye, as if it had been posted by Imno and replace the names of the supplements with fda approved drugs and see if you would find the argument you make compelling. I don't think you would. You are a salesman, you know what sells and you can weed those kinds of claims out and find the real evidence or lack thereof.

I am interested in your personal experience and the specifics of it.

4. earshurt

earshurt New Member

One of the huge problems is the definition of the word debate. Debate and "discuss" mean the same thing. Debate has been confused with "fight" which is not the same as "argue". Argue simply means to "discuss" which means to "debate". The american language is a travesty.

Some of the people that have good ideas about healing are doctors, and of some of the doctors have good ideas about healing. Imno says because a doctor has no creds the treatment is now defunct. That seems a stretch because it is not based on efficacy. But none of us are doctors and we sling opinions everywhere.

It boils down to the fact that some of us cannot tolerate that treatments in our medical system of choice get shot down sometimes but I think it is necessary and good to shoot the most seriously wounded dogs in the pack myself.

Definition of DEBATE

1. To consider something; deliberate.
    2. To engage in argument by discussing opposing points.
    3. To engage in a formal discussion or argument. See Synonyms at discuss.
    4. Obsolete To fight or quarrel.
    v.tr.
    1. To deliberate on; consider.
    2. To dispute or argue about.
    3. To discuss or argue (a question, for example) formally.
    4. Obsolete To fight or argue for or over.
    n.
    1. A discussion involving opposing points; an argument.
    2. Deliberation; consideration: passed the motion with little debate.
    3. A formal contest of argumentation in which two opposing teams defend and attack a given proposition.
    4. Obsolete Conflict; strife.

So as we see debate really just means discuss. Notice that "fight" and "conflict/strife" are stricken from todays meanings. Argue does not literally mean fight. Dispute does not truly mean fight. That is "debateable" but lets not go there ok?

So we can discuss but cannot debate but cannot argue but can talk but can't have opinion because we are not doctors and doctors only have good healing ideas and people that are not doctors have good ideas and people that give opinions that are not doctors are dangerous and people that give good opinions that are not doctors are heros etc....(as far as i'm concerned imno specializes in this one, imno said cayenne pepper in the eye will cure floaters but a former doctor is not allowed to use baking soda because he is no longer a doctor? mmm...okee doke) And by the way I don't have a problem with the cayenne thing, but I doubt imno would have let me get away with that. He would have accused me of "advising" people to do that i'm sure.

The bottom line, the way I see it, is that some people are defending and attacking things based on their own inner fears. We feel fearful when the system "we know and trust" is put under a microscope and the diagnosis is bad. Maturity and self confidence, or lack of, is an essential ingredient.
    -----------------------------------------------------------

And you're free to rip into that Grab n Run sheet at will June. If you can help me make it better, and I agree with your thoughts, all the better. If I don't agree I will leave it as is, no offense.

5. earshurt

earshurt New Member

And as far as that grab and go sheet goes June, I have experience with practically everything on it. Its the way I figured all that stuff out in the first place. Truth is usually stranger than fiction in my opinion, and the things that happen to people with these symptoms on the grab n run sheet are mind blowers sometimes.

6. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

one thing is to put out the information and then let go of it. Later, questions can be answered.

7. earshurt

earshurt New Member

I agree gardenfish. But I don't mind good criticism at the same time.

8. June-

June- New Member

You would need to address the debate definition to Ray not me. I probably think of it your way but he doesn't and he's in charge here.

9. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

June, I miss your wisdom, are you okay?

10. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

EH was a good man with a lot of wisdom. There is an excellent thread he has about tumeric root making his symptoms disappear.

11. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I meant to post the whole post, I don't know how I messed that up. It was good, very good reminder of....well, you'd have to read it to understand.

Hi, bd, how are you? Are you over your period yet? Cramping sucks don't it! ;)

:D :D :D :D :D
    LMAO!