Another treatment idea? Misaligned jaw or bite?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by james, Jun 10, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. June-

June- New Member

Hey, I hope it works! Let us know!

2. james

james ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

Since this thread has been revived,thought I would add an update.

Have been wearing the splint at night.Some days I have no tinnitus,but weather changes still seem to affect me.Started taking Verapamil,the beta blocker was making me exhausted.Did really well for over 2 months.My hearing levels went up over 20 % in some ranges.

In Dec. started having some problems.I think it was job stress,holiday stress,and extreme weather changes,plus possibly my neck.Have mentioned previously that I was at a workshop where I let this woman put her whole body weight on my shoulders.

Whatever good alignment I had working in my spine,she messed it up.
    Am going to Nucca at the end of Feb.
    Will try to get there sooner.
    For me it is my neck,the ear,tmj,and mav that are all inter related.

3. June-

June- New Member

Did you ever consult an osteopath? Sometimes I think they are the best of both worlds.

4. james

No, But I have gotten the name of someone here who I have considered going to.I think I will stick with the Nucca for now.It would be a lot easier than traveling to London or the states.

5. agemoz

agemoz New Member

I've done this exercise, and several variations, for years every morning, and yes I get relief from it. It seems to help with pressure build-up overnight when I get the uncomfortable full-ear and tinnitus. I very often will get some sort of painful rupture and a sensation of fluid flowing after doing it. And yes, I have major league TMJ--when I yawn I get a crack that can be heard across the room. I can pop out hearing aids with my jaw motion!

Agemoz

6. June-

June- New Member

I do not have tmj but I wonder too in my case if jaw position and such can affect proper sinus drainage, eustachian tube function and other things.

7. JLR39

JLR39 New Member

Agemoz:

How long should you hold the pencil in your mouth?

Jacquie

8. Ekstrand

Ekstrand New Member

I went to an ordinary Swedish chiropractor today who remarked on my jaw muscles, I screamed out of pain when he manipulated the jaw. He also thought that a soft tissue on the right side of the first cervical vertebra (atlas vertebra) was completely immobile and a soft tissue lower down in the cervical spine was immobilized. The defects of his discovery would cause dizziness and tinnitus with anyone.

I will now go for x-ray and then we shall see.

I had only 60% movement in up and down movements and 85 percent lateral movement.

This should be interesting

Fredrik

9. james

Fredrik,
    Keep us posted,I hope it brings you some relief!

10. Ekstrand

Ekstrand New Member