Anger

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by pardonme, Sep 30, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. lifeinmotion

lifeinmotion New Member

I admit I am very VERY angry that I have this. I took it out on alcohol for about a month, of course that didn't help. Then I took it out on my boyfriend, boy is he tolerant. I am learning a little bit by bit to just relax. I get soooo angry though. I hate that I have to rely on people nowadays to drive, shop, cook, etc. I feel like a washed up old piece of carpet that needs to be thrown out except I have sentimental value so they keep me around. I'm angry that we are loosing everything, cars, truck, and soon the house too while waiting and praying disability is approved. I feel justified in being angry, but feel guilty if I complain too much. Go figure, lol guess I'm a wreck!

2. amberini

amberini New Member

Boy, this is an old thread but so important.
    Anger is as much a part of any of us as as is any other emotion. The difference is how we use it. Anger by nature is frightening, I mean by that, how often are you afraid is someone is happy? ( don't count your bi-polar neighbor either, LOL).

There is alot of "stuff" that surrounds anger and it can bring out the fear in others and ourselves.
    When I was younger, I could be super angry but it left me exhausted and headachy. I still can get angry but I have learned to pick my battles, really well. Anger requires too much effort and I don't have a stitch of energy left spend on anger.
    In general, this disease and all the silent/invisible diseases, leave one with out the ability to fully experience life and all it's emotions, which in turn causes anger, arghhhhhh!!
    I probably would help to have a therapist to guide you in positive ways to deal with anger before it deals with you!
    There is no stigma in having a therapist, they are part of the healing process. Our minds/attitude CAN help us control our illnesses.
    For all of us who have anger is an issue, let us pray for Guidance and healing,
    Janine

3. caveman

caveman New Member

I usually runto the gyn and lift weights till my arms are anout to fall off and if I'm still upset I start on the legs.

4. Terri-Lee

Terri-Lee New Member

Time alone is the best cure when I'm sick and angry. Misery doesn't really love company after all ... except when all is said and done - then I can come here and compare notes.

5. survivedit

survivedit New Member

Being angry actually seems to help my symtpoms some. I think anger must release some kind of chemical in the brain that works to decrease the symptoms. I still try very hard to not get angry though. Anger leads to stress for me and that is bad so I do my best to just deal with things without becoming angry. I think anger is a natural reaction to Meniere's. It's a lot like the steps you have to go through when you're grieving and anger is one of those. We grieve the part of our lives that have become lost to this disease.

My 2 cents worth

Bob

6. pardonme

pardonme Guest

7. allyson

allyson New Member

When I have those feelings of anger, I know they have to be let out somehow. Holding them in just makes it worse. Sometimes I find exercise helps. Other times, I tell myself that I'm going to take 15-20 minutes to get it all out - to be angry, feel sorry for myself, whatever it is, and then after that time is up, I am going to move on. Bring the monster out, let it go, and then move on. Sometimes it is really difficult, but it's worth a shot to see if it helps you.

Most of all, never forget you are not alone!

8. nome

nome New Member

My anger comes from loosing my independence. I usually tend to cry to my husband or my mother or by myself. I try to be upbeat and positive but right now I can't even walk because of my gent shot and my lack of balance. I can't hear, I am dizzy, and I can't walk...this is ridiculous. Im mostly like to vent through writing on this site or just a good long cry.

9. June

June New Member

Have you tried to see if something like exercise might bring the same physical improvement ?

10. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Walking helps relieve my stress levels. I also cry, but that helps. I hug my husband a lot and that really helps, sitting with him. As Linda said, the crying helps me let it go and be able to stand up and keep going, and fighting. I think it's important to let it out some way. Lisa

11. Morrow

Morrow New Member

Of course I get angry with my vertigo and the change in my life ..I cry and sometimes ask myself why me?...but then why not me ?...even though its a hard disease to manage and does affect and change your life I always tell myself it could be worse and could be life threating ..you just try and do the best you can do and try and fight it and try and not let in stop you from doing the things you love although it often does but as I often say when one door closes another opens I cant drive at all now and cant work but I started to write poetry when I can and its added something new into my life ...
    Regards
    Vivienne

12. nome

nome New Member

So I changed my way I deal with my anger. I was really angry today about everything going on. So when I got home from work I had a really good cry and then I got off my butt and did all the things I was crying about not being able to do. I guess the best way I deal with my anger is to prove to myself that I can do it. It wasnt really easy and it took a REALLY long time but I did it and it reminds me that there will be better days and this disease is just part of who I am and not what defines me.

I just continue to do everything in my power not to let this disease to take over and I remember everyday how much I hate it. really really really really hate it. And i cant wait to walk again.

have a lovely day.

13. Daize

Daize New Member

I vent, then go into the bedroom and cry, this goes on for about 20 minutes. I tell my husband I am upset and he hugs me then, he knows the best place for me is in bedroom with door closed and I let go of my anger, I swear, ask why, and why me.

After all this, I slowly breathe in and out and just lay down and then eventually figure out why I reacted the way I did. It is nothing my family has done, just
    something out of the blue that ticks me off.

14. coping_canuck

coping_canuck New Member

Unfortunately for me it is usually anger turned inward ( in other words..depression ). I am quite aware of it and aside from some counciling, I usually exercise my butt off.

15. lillyrose

lillyrose Life is short live it not diet.

Yes, I have anger...I hate this disease and what it has taken from me and how it has changed my life.

I usually take it out on myself...sometimes my husband and children or a phone call from someone selling me something will get in the line of fire.

My family has learn that it is the disease... they help me realize what is going on by saying "Mom we know you are having a rough time so, you need to rest awhile"... they either leave me alone or just get out of my sight for awhile. ...thank God I have them.

I am always sorry and cry and don't know why it has to be like this...I am working on trying to not be so angery...I keep telling myself that this disease in not who I am and not let it win but, it is really hard.

I get tired of feeling this way and just want my old self back or some of it...that is where most of my anger comes from and never knowing when an attack is coming....the fear of it.

16. jabber

jabber New Member

I rely on a therapist that specializes in life-changing disorders, I haven't had to see her for almost two years but today I made an appointment because MM has caused yet another life changing phase for me that has me totally frustrated and not knowing how to cope.. I would rather vent to someone other than family when I need to learn new coping skills.
    Loretta

17. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

i get dehydrated a lot and crying doesn't come easy

but when I get angry I try and breathe and remove myslef from anyone or anything I could harm...I usually write or talk to God and vent to him or try and walk...praying sometimes...sometimes destroying something meaningless or kicking something - i am slow to anger and don't hold anger long - it's quick - and i let it go - i have little attention span - ice cream helps