Almost, Not Quite :(

Discussion in 'For Friends & Families of Menierians' started by Vicki615, Jan 7, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Vicki615

Vicki615 New Member

January 25th would have been 1 year w/o any vertigo for me. I just had a vertigo attack. I quickly took 2, 400 mg of acyclovir. The spin was different than my usual, slow, not as violent, lasted maybe 10 minutes, usually lasts longer, but had to lay down, keep very still on my right side as I always had to until the spinning stopped.

I usually can't lift my head for hours but this time was able to as soon as the spinning stopped. I haven't tried to sit up yet or stand. (I have a laptop next to my bed)But my head feels fairly stable but ringing louder than usual very high pitched and lots of whooshing noises like you hear if you hold a seashell next to your ear.

Almost made it to 1 year, no idea what set it off, but I did work 12 hours on the computer today so maybe that's what did it. Also the temps are below 0, maybe that I don't know. I'm sad, but happy it wasn't a bad attack, but now got some of my fear back waiting for another.
    I am afraid to sit up yet. Getting very sleepy.