allergy testing

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by MelODY756, Apr 30, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. MelODY756

MelODY756 New Member

Good morning....I had many allergy tests done yesterday....skin poking on my back. They found several trees and weeds that I am very allergic to. Dr said they can do allergy shots. When I lost my hearing (sudden hearing loss) last August...it would have been when many of my allergic trees were in "bloom". Could this possible have effected my hearing loss? Am I grasping at straws here to hopefully regain some hearing? I truly don't know. I am finishing my 3rd month of AV's....dr said that probably isn't helping. So, I guess I give the allergy shots a chance. Guess I have nothing to lose....well, some money! But if it helps...worth it! THanks for listening...just needed to tell some people that are walking in the same trial.

2. nicmger

nicmger New Member

I don't have "allergies" that test positive for me. But when I suddenly lost my hearing completely my doctor prescribed prednisone and that reduced the inflammation and did bring back a large portion of the hearing I had left at the time.

3. Vicki615

Vicki615 New Member

I think June could answer your post the best, I miss her posts hope she starts posting again. June took famvir and had allergy shots and that helped her symptoms tremendously and I believe improved her hearing as well. Try searching her posts.

4. debin

debin New Member

I just had allergy testing done also. Allergic to cottonwood trees and walnut. Just had drainage in throat. On a nose spray and Clariton.

5. deadeye

deadeye New Member

took allergy shots yrs ago seemed like every fri. i would go in and get the shot and would feel like crap was allergic to everything wish they would come up with something that wouldn't take yrs to help i know allergies are a large part of my problem

6. rondrums

rondrums Bilateral

I'm allergic to virtually everything. I've been on allergy shots for almost three years, and they haven't done squat. This week, my sinuses have been so flared up, the dizziness is disabling. My doctor insists that it takes time for the shots to kick in. I'm beginning to distrust him.

Ron

7. Aliza

Aliza I'm still standing, alone but upright

. What happened to June? I hope that she is ok.

8. Vicki615

Vicki615 New Member

I hope so too.

9. deadeye

deadeye New Member

isn't there some allergy remedy now you can take a pill under the tongue? wish they'd come up with something else than 5 yrs of shots

10. MelODY756

MelODY756 New Member

just had the blood test done on Friday for food allergies too. I am just not sure about all this and how it effects my hearing loss. But at this point I am willing to try!

11. Vicki615

Vicki615 New Member

you can look into Chinese herbal meds, I know there a lot being done with that pertaining to food allergies, not sure about airborne allergies, but something you may want to search.

12. bubbagump

bubbagump New Member

what's the difference between blood test and the prick test? I had the prick test done a while ago and didn't show any allergies (although I always thought I had nasal allergy issues even pre-meniere's and respond to anti-histamines) . I am wondering if its worth it for me to look into allergies more.