Aladdin ...How are you holding uP?????

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by tucker, Nov 5, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Amethyst

Amethyst She believed she could, so she did.

Great to hear from you Aladdin!!!!

So glad to hear that there's been no sound induced dizziness - can't wait to hear all about your recovery...once you've had some more time to rest.

2. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

:-* :-* :-* :-*

3. marcy g

marcy g New Member

Aladdin - hope today's a bit brighter!!

4. luckyswife

luckyswife New Member

Wishing you a speedy recovery :)

5. Goomeri Spinner

Goomeri Spinner New Member

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

and {{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}} to you dear Al

Hope each day is better than the last one

Love Maggie

6. vertigo247

vertigo247 One cannot think crooked and walk straight.

Wishing you all the best, Aladdin!! :)

7. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

pretty rough still but ok - had mm attack left ear which i think induced vertigo (gent had been holding vertigo at abay on left side) nausuea, vomitting, osciopolla, nystagmus and weird v ision but am able to walk fairly well pain subsided right ear and temporal lobe still very tender it feels like cotton stuffed upo in my canal... but no noise induced vertigo and most sounds which would have hurt before are now an annoyance (right ear) i still have recruitment in left ear but not as much horrible pain that sends me to my knees - thanks for your prayers and thoughts but my vision bounces a lot and shall sign off
    xoxo

8. tm53

tm53 New Member

Thoughts and prayers your way.

Can they give you anything for the nausea?

Tom

9. marcy g

marcy g New Member

Great to see you on!!
    Hang in there!! Get a bit better every day!!
    Prayers coming your way!!
    Marcy :)

10. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

zofran
    phenegran
    and scop patchc
    lemons and mint tea

xoxo

11. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

:-* :-* :-*

12. Amethyst

Wow Aladdin, sounds like you're making great progress!

I'm so interested in your recovery, as you can well imagine. Can you please tell me more (whenever you're up to it). You mentioned no sound induced vertigo at this point....and you have been around some definite triggers? how about vibrations or pressure? And you said that the pain from noise has been reduced - can you tell me more please. Did you find that your right ear was the source of most of the pain in comparison to the recruitment in your left ear. Is it a lot better or just a bit better?

The pain I get from noise is excrutiating and so I'd love to know how much you experienced before and how much it has been helped. You described it as dropping to your knees type pain so I'm thinking it's very similar to my experience. Anything you can tell me would be greatly appreciated!

It's so wonderful to hear of your improvements so far - gives me some real hope too. I know it's a long and tough road but just to know there might be some options out there is a great relief. You've been through so much and I'm praying that you see new improvements everyday.

Keep getting better!!!!

Amethyst

13. jabber

jabber New Member

It's SO good to see you posting again, take your time recovering and I hope this surgery is the miracle and blessing you deserve so much.
    Loretta

14. sparrow

sparrow Guest

Welcome back Aladdin !!!! You take good care of yourself !!!! We are all soo proud of you and what you went thru :D :D :D

Sparrow :D

15. June

June New Member

Hang in there ! I am so rooting for you! I know it's completely different but when I had an surgery I could not keep food/water anything down or sit up without assistance for the first 4 days. The med staff insisted it was normal for my type surgery but the minute they withdrew the morphine my stomach settled. I still couldn't walk unassisted (that took a week or so) but I could eat and sit and feel like a person. I hope it works out that way for you too. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

16. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

scrambled today; will try to answet questions

yes i have been around noise triggers and no vertigo - velcro from my ear cast covering hole/incisions
    opening bags of iv fluid, pots and pans, metal hitting metal - no vertigo but due to mm in left ear affects recruitment or hyperacusis but not enough to send me to my knees - sneezing (i have to keep mouth open not to tear internal stiches or blow loose plug) causes nystagmus and osciopolla and motion but not vertigo - vibration - still not real tolerant of them but still to soon to figure out if it's mm or scds - i did have vertigo but from mm attack which i had mild vertigo days ago but this was a full blown attack and really set me back with recovery - i can tell tha t the plug has filtered a lot of painful noises and noise that would cause motion or vertigo - my eye and face still bruised so i assume it's still mending - when i get more sense about me i'll post more (kind of exhausted trying to search living room for something and cann't find it - )

xoxoxo

17. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

Better days ahead! I so happy you are seeing a glimmer of improvement!

18. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Yes, to see any improvement right now is only great. Early days. When I have had other ear surgery it usually took at least a month for things to heal enough to really tell, and things only got better with time. Lisa

19. Amethyst

Aladdin, thanks so much for writing. I'm sorry you're having a bad day. During recovery from ESD surgery I experienced a number of the problems you've mentioned....and sneezing was the worst!!!!! :eek: I also had oscilopsia for a number of weeks and brusing from the surgery (seemed to be from the vice grip that held my head in place - yuck ;)). Poor motor control was another issue I encountered from the ESD surgery.

That's really great news that you've not had your Tullio's triggered. I'm excited by how well you're doing already. I'll be reading everything you have to say with great interest and I hope you find vibrations are no longer a trigger too.

Hope you see improvements with each new day.

:)Amethyst

20. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

the oto thought mm might kick in and it has with a vengenance (i so wanted to proove him wrong) but I can tell the plug has helped me with SCDS ..