Agape

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by daBronx, Dec 18, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. daBronx

daBronx New Member

So I'm talking to an incredibly beautiful young woman in Trader Joe's today and she tells me she worships at Agape.
    Apparently Agape was started by a man named Beckwith in 1986.Sounds like one of these New Age religions.Any members of Agape here?
    Anyways as I was trying to pick up this young lady,she tells me that she's a lesbian.
    Can you just imagine,a 68 year old fart like me trying to pick up a 29 year young girl?Well I figured if she dies before me I'll just find me another young girl,but hopefully not a lesbian.

2. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Well David, that was just bad luck!

Keep trying!

Do you have arts and crafts stores near you, or flea markets, lots of women go to those places.

Or, "over50.com?". I saw a commercial.

3. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

No being flippant but most people do not wear signs saying 'I am a lesbian.' So how did you know? Her loss David.

4. daBronx

daBronx New Member

When she said near the end of our short conversation that her partner was at home and she was expecting her to come home shortly.If she was a heterosexual,I'm sure she would've said,my boyfriend was expecting her to come home shortly,but she didn't,she said partner.When a girl/woman says partner I know right away she's a lesbian.

5. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

So if I tell you I have a partner, your conclusion is that I am gay?

6. daBronx

daBronx New Member

Not all the time but I would say at least 80% of the time.My step mom's nephew lives with his partner in Hendersonville,N.C.He and I email each other pretty often.He's gay and he often refers to his boyfriend as his partner.

7. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

When she said near the end of our short conversation that her partner was at home and she was expecting her to come home shortly

Maybe the 'her' was the giveaway that the partner is a woman.

8. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

You answered Aladdin's question.

I caught that 'her' in his original post.

9. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Where I live a lot do! I saw one woman the other day who, amongst other things, was wearing a trucker's cap with the word 'Diesel' reduntantly on it. I was tempted to pass on Coco Chanel's advice of "remove one accessory before leaving the house".

10. June-

June- New Member

Did she say her or was that a synopsis?

I hear people all the time speak of their significant other of the opposite sex as partner. Especially in other countries. If she said wife then you could be pretty sure but it wouldn't matter as she would be married anyway.

I feel certain if she didn't have a partner Che would have wanted to go out with a 68 year old man. I know when I was twenty something I was interested in men oldr than my father. ;D

11. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

June, it's just possible she was playing the Fake Lesbian card. I think we've all done that...I know I have. Also Fake Husband.

12. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Now. I. Am. Agape! :eek:. ::). LOL

13. June-

June- New Member

I suppose. It seems like the long way round the barn but I am too old to know what makes young women feel clever these days

14. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I have never played the fake lesbian or fake husband card. I guess I am not picked up very much.

15. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

And I am still Agape! :eek:

16. daBronx

daBronx New Member

Agape I think is something like the Unitarians.

17. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Or maybe and Orangumtang..... :eek:, ?

18. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Never hurts to get informed first:

There are seven principles which Unitarian Universalist congregations affirm and promote:

The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
    Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
    Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
    A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
    The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
    The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
    Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.

Unitarian Universalism (UU) draws from many sources:

Direct experience of that transcending mystery and wonder, affirmed in all cultures, which moves us to a renewal of the spirit and an openness to the forces which create and uphold life;
    Words and deeds of prophetic women and men which challenge us to confront powers and structures of evil with justice, compassion, and the transforming power of love;
    Wisdom from the world's religions which inspires us in our ethical and spiritual life;
    Jewish and Christian teachings which call us to respond to God's love by loving our neighbors as ourselves;
    Humanist teachings which counsel us to heed the guidance of reason and the results of science, and warn us against idolatries of the mind and spirit;
    Spiritual teachings of earth-centered traditions which celebrate the sacred circle of life and instruct us to live in harmony with the rhythms of nature.

19. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I Apolize.

I'" am of the Latter, IMO.

20. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

I am Agape at this stuff!