Advice for my diet

Discussion in 'Your Lovely Kitchen' started by missyme3, Aug 17, 2013.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. missyme3

missyme3 New Member

As someone who has just been diagnosed with Meniere's I am very mindful of what I am eating. I have never had a high sodium diet (very careful here since I have a kidney issue, so NO lunchmeats, cured meats, I follow low sodium), and not much of a caffeine person either (usually just a half cup of coffee in the morning)...I'm not sure what else to stay away from and very hesitant to change what I have been eating (since Thursday, when I was diagnosed) it's been baked plain chicken (a little lemon juice and some pepper)...steamed veggies and baked potato...getting bored quick as you can imagine. Anything else I should stay away from? Thank you all so much :D

2. June-

June- New Member

Sounds like you are already doing it all unless there is something you are allergic to. Maybe just keep an eye open to see if there could be any food acting as a trigger. For many people there doesnt seem to be a dietary issue.

3. missyme3

missyme3 New Member

Thanks, I think keeping a food journal may help and I am also keeping a journal of when the pain/vertigo is the worst, seems to be the morning...no allergies to food just some meds, trying to eat very healthy and drink a lot of water. Thank you again :D

4. June-

June- New Member

That's a good idea. You might also add to the journal what you do. Ie cut grass, played with cat, went to movies. It could turn out that there is a non food trigger too.

5. missyme3

missyme3 New Member

Great idea...thank you; I think some may have to do with stress, not sure if that is a link, I have so many questions and wish I wasn't in such terrible shape last week when I saw the doctor, it was a complete blur. I have been a couch potato since Thursday (not good)...finally took a shower for the first time in 2 days (maybe why my cat was staying away from me) ;D