Adios

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by ToniG, Jul 15, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. kristy

kristy New Member

60 replies to this thread already. I think we need to move on, because I do think that Nassman enjoys this reaction. I don't think he's ever going to get it. I am absolutely not part of any cliques on this message board, but I can say that from everything I have read in my 2 years here, I totally agree with what's being said here- especially what Intrepid and Burd have posted. Those are 2 people that I only see trying to help others on this board. And yet when they try to reason with Nassman, they get nothing by sarcasm in return. I understand that he is probably reacting to the sort of gang mentality of this thread. However, the number of people who agree on this issue should tell him something.

2. kdashworth

kdashworth Still learning!

Shame to see anyone go- but I agree with earlier comment, this forum is as close as I have found to get answers so easily. Just like anything, you have to use good judgment and weed out what is right for you and what is not. I don't fault anyone on here for working with a doctor and finding an rx that works for them. I personally grew up with an addict for a parent and therefore I am more hesitant on what I am willing to try. I don't fault others for the steps they take to help with their mm. When my doctor initially mentioned down the road the potential of valium- it scared me. Reading on here made me aware that most use it in low doses. The important thing is to determine what is right for yourself. This is a great forum to help think it through as well as find alternatives if one approach isn't right for you.

3. nave alta

nave alta Guest

Perfect, Steve.

4. joy

joy New Member

GOLLY WALLY!!!! What intrigue!! What controversy!! What doo-doo-stirring-up!!

Nassman, be well. I humbly invite you to PM me with your opinions on various topics because I ... um ... well ... gulp ... sorta enjoy them. I like to get every side of a topic ... lots of different opinions, so that I can form my own. If I think somebody's full o' doo-doo, I'll just glance over the post and go on to the next one.

Not sure why this has gotten so out of control ... geez ... name-calling? Come on you guys ... don't let the bad stuff come out that way. In the words of the immortal Flip Wilson: "The Devil made me do it!"

I'm not sending big hugs or kudos to any particular person on this post because you are ALL - every single one of you - welcome to participate and all equally have the same rights to agree and/or disagree. I appreciate every single one of you. (Egad if that doesn't sound like a group hug, I dunno ... :eek: ;D)

Let's just go on to something else ... who wants cake?
    ;D

5. luckyswife

luckyswife New Member

I want cake!

6. cheese

cheese New Member

I must read something totally different to you guys?

I enjoy hearing differing points of view. It's the only way to learn, and come to your own conclusions. Agreeathons provide little stimulation ...for me they do anyway.

We may have an illness but illness doesn't mean you have to crumble at the 1st sign of hearing something you don't agree with. With respect, a few cups of toughen the &^%* up might be in order

If you take Valium, and you believe it helps .....why would you care if nassman from menieres.org disagrees with your choice?

If you do nucca, and you believe it helps ......why would you care if cheese from menieres.org disagrees with your choice?

If you're happy with your own choices, you should just leave it at that imo. I don't think the other side of any story should be censored.

7. Dave77

Dave77 New Member

Answer -
    Because were not robots?

8. Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta New Member

Well - I never have been that big on any sweets. But, sure - I'll take a SMALL piece..

9. MedievalWriter

MedievalWriter Ryan's Rose Pvt Ryan Winslow KIA Iraq 4-2006

I agree. Stop feeding the troll and he will go away.

10. kristy

kristy New Member

There is a huge difference between expressing a different opinion and attacking others opinions. I do not think anyone has to censor their opinions, but they should be able to express them in a civilized manner. I responded to this thread not because I have something personally against Nassman, or even because I disagree with his opinions. (Because there are things that I agree with) But from my first time on this board a few years ago I saw the utter arrogance and the abusiveness of many of his posts. That is why so many people are responding so strongly. We are tired of it.

11. Caribbean

Caribbean New Member

What is a Sociopath?

A sociopath is a person who has antisocial personality disorder.
    The main characteristic of a sociopath is a disregard for the rights of others. Sociopaths are also unable to conform to what society defines as a normal personality. Antisocial tendencies are a big part of the sociopath’s personality.

The sociopath also finds it hard to sustain relationships and shows a lack of regret in his or her actions. A major personality behavior trait is the violation of the rights of others.

Although these symptoms are all present, they may not always be evident. Research has shown that the sociopath is usually a person with an abundance of charm and wit. He or she may appear friendly and considerate, but these attributes are usually superficial. They are used as a way of blinding the other person to the personal agenda behind the sociopath’s behaviour.

Is this your man?

12. paris 48

paris 48 New Member

I agree with everything that being said about nassman here.He is not an asset to this forum but,he did not start this topic,oceanbreeze did,who now equals Benzos with Narcotics.I think we need to close this threat and start ignoring people who post this kind of nonsense!

13. joy

joy New Member

Intrepid, that was a wonderful way to communicate some very insightful, compassionate & intelligent points. Eating cake (i.e., changing the subject) seemed like the easiest way for me to end my two cents (and fantasize about eating cake ;D) but I don't think there is a solution to this problem as a whole ... 'agree to disagree' doesn't even cover it. It would be great if we could all work out the problems brought up here and everybody communicate efficiently, effectively, and respectfully, but ... :'(

Now...about that cake ... ::) I'M KIDDING!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

14. nassman

nassman Guest

Despite what many believe, I have read each and every reply with great detail and care and I must say that several of the things I was called have caught me off guard.

Rather than attempt to dispel the psychological assessments I have been given, I will simply say this:

I apologize if I have offended anyone. It was never my intent to do that. I have my beliefs about medications, suicide, the importance of will power in the overall healing process, etc.

I never questioned the efficacy of valium in reducing the severity of vertigo attacks. My intent was to convey the fact that long term use of benzodiazepines can hurt the brain's compensation process in cases where the inner ear's balance function has been reduced by disease. I also wanted to convey that long term use of these types of drugs can produce very "real" and unpleasant symptoms for some people upon withdrawal. I say these things because I have witnessed it in people I know in real life and it was tough to see them go through it.

There isn't much more I can say. I may not be a "give me a hug" type person, but I am not the evil sociopath as many of you have called me. I always post things I believe to be useful and convey what my doctors say, if I find it to be relevant.

One last thing. Many have told me to get lost because I don't have meniere's. The last time I checked, this site supported people with all kinds of vestibular disorders. I happen to be someone who suffers from a vestibular disorder. Furthermore, I have met people on here through PM's that I can say have become my friends and for that I am thankful.

15. Caribbean

Caribbean New Member

Apology excepted with me! ...Now please get off my back Nass, I'm weighted down enough with this bloody MM and now seem to have an added feature with BPPV

BTW that took BALLS, your post I mean. [​IMG]

16. nassman

nassman Guest

My apology is especially directed at you because you are one forumer I admit being especially harsh to due to our differing opinions and beliefs.

So, for what it is worth, I am sorry. Some of the issues you raised in the past struck a chord with me because of events in the lives of some close people to me. I should have reacted more calmly. I will admit my excitedness and passion in what I believe in sometimes gets the better of me. Who knows, maybe its that mediterranean blood of mine...

17. Caribbean

Caribbean New Member

18. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Nassman, if all your posts were like the one above I don't think you'd (we'd) be having such a problem. Lisa :)

19. cowcollector

cowcollector Don't hug a tree, hug a cow!!