Acceting HIdden Challenges

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by DizzAJ, Apr 11, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. DizzAJ

DizzAJ New Member

"BE KINDER THAN NECESSARY FOR EVERYONE IS FIGHTING SOME KIND OF BATTLE."

Somehow we forget this simple fact along the way. If we can't see ones disability, or are privy two their anguish and their personal challenges, we so easily discount people we encounter along the way. These heroes deserve a smile, a kind word, respect and courtesy for the strides they struggle through. Three cheers for those with invisible challenges! I admire you.

Forgive my multi postings of this, but I strongly feel we all over look too quickly what should be one of the first things we should notice in others. We areall to often wrapped up in our own pain and drama to see the obvious or give thought to anther's hidden journey.

2. Rhemajoy

Rhemajoy New Member

You are very right. When we look at other people, we have no idea where that person has been, what he/she has experienced.

A customer of mine used to harass me about what he considered to be not enough smiling. It really put me off because I'm not a miserable person. I laugh alot and smile alot. I do have one of those faces that looks nonsmiley if I'm concentrating or just studying something.

Then one day I came to work and discovered that the man had shot himself in his own backyard. I realized, he needed the smile.

3. Rhemajoy

Rhemajoy New Member

I agree. And so often what we think we know is completely inaccurate yet we will conduct ourselves as if they are 100% true. Assumptions are not fact and I have to remind myself of that frequently.