A simple theory on why God allows some things to happen...

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by Chris0515, Nov 6, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

But it doesn't hurt to try and see & understand the whole big picture and come up with a theory that makes sense to you, and God is not gonna punish me for doing that I'm sure and will probably commend me for taking a deeper interest in what he is all about. ;)

2. Titus

Titus New Member

I agree, Chris. When we meditate on God, we're focused on Him and that is a good thing.

3. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Thought provoking question, Chris. Fear not, I will not belabor it. And I believe that you are on the right track. But more succinctly, and directly, I believe that the answer can be determined by understanding the Lord's prayer, which I bring forth:

Our Father, who art in heaven,
    [We who inhabit the earth are not in Heaven. So whereas there is no sickness, disease, suffering and death in Heaven, because this is not Heaven, those elements of life do exist here.]

hallowed be thy name.
    [All holiness resides in God. Nothing on this earth is holy. If it is not holy, it is of the enemy.]

Thy Kingdom come,
    thy will be done,
    on earth as it is in heaven.

[This presents a dichotomy, one of the earthly realm as compared to the Heavenly realm. The Kingdom of God is in Heaven where all is holy. Sickness , disease and suffering--and DEATH do not occur in the heavenly realm of God. The earth is in the principality of darkness, where sickness, disease, suffering and death do occur. That is where we live. So that we get sick, suffer and die is given information in this realm. But this prayer is one to bring the heavenly Kingdom to earth, to make earth "as it is in Heaven." This is promised to occur in the Revelation. There will be a "new Heaven and a new earth," the new earth then incorporated into a Heaven then enlarged to include it. When that happens, and the earth becomes part of the Kingdom of God, no more sickness, disease suffering and death will occur. All we be restored as God made it.]

Give us this day our daily bread.
    [Until Heaven comes to earth, this prays that God sustain us through the trials of life, giving us everything we need to get to the next life.]

And forgive us our trespasses,
    as we forgive those who trespass against us.

[This is vital to understand. No unforgiveness, because it is a sin of the heart, can enter into the Kingdom of God. So before the Kingdom can come to earth, all unforgiveness must be dealt with. All must be forgiven for God to forgive all.]

And lead us not into temptation,
    but deliver us from evil.

[Vital again, to understand. Sin, disobedience to God, is evil. That is the way evil is defined, from the moment Eve ate the apple. Evil is to violate God's intentions. That means that God's intentions are all good. When we pray to be delivered from evil, we give God permission to bring us toward good, and we deny the enemy permission to make us sin. All is about free will. We empower good or evil to affect us. And when we empower good, blessings flow from God. Those blessings also flow to those whom we affect in this life. When we empower evil, we, and just as importantly, those around us, suffer consequences of sin. There is evil in this world and that is why there is suffering. Suffering has nothing to do with God, but everything to do with evil. That is just the way it is. Because sin and unforgiveness, and therefore suffering cannot enter into the Kingdom, the natural world provides a sort of 'suffering filter,' a mechanism for man to become Godly, but of his own free will. Nothing is forced on man.]

For thine is the kingdom,
    [This provides an implied dichotomy, "For thine is the kingdom of power and glory" is as opposed to the principality of darkness being any semblance of a kingdom of power and glory. This urges us to pray for God's Kingdom to come to earth all the more. But God's Kingdom is where men in faith make it. So to end all suffering, men must all have faith in God. In Heaven is pure faith, knowledge of the true King and true goodness. As long as men on earth resist the true King Whose power and glory are rivaled by none other, the Kingdom does not manifest. But where true faith exists, the Kingdom does manifest and that is when miracles occur. Miracles in thie world are common place in Heaven. This is why we should all desire to live there.]

the power and the glory,
    for ever and ever.
    [All power and glory reside in God. God gives life to all. Any power and glory we receive should rightly be forwarded to God. And to do so is an act of faith furthering the goals of the Kingdom.]

Amen.

I pray this was not too long. I do not know how to make it any shorter. But the long run is eternity. So in that framework, this is a comparitively short post.

Good topic, Chris.

4. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

Henry, have you ever been to the Johnson-Ferry Church in Marietta Ga.?

5. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

I know the area, but have never been there to that church.

6. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

I appreciate that Hank and actually took the time to read it. And to put it another way the earth is one gigantic classroom that we're all taking a loooooong exam in, and those who pass or have graded well when it all ends will get one heck of a graduation present!! Now in the case of babies, children, and the mentally handicapped who all don't know any better or can't comprehend any of it, God shows mercy on them and they get a pass once they die in my opinion.

7. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

As far as I know my last few posts allowed people to express their opinions without me going off on anyone.

8. CarrieOakey

CarrieOakey New Member

9. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

I'm not sure what everyone else prays about, but most of my prayers are just to be given some extra inner strength to get through something and not necessarily take it away or cure it, and I also pray that comfort is given to those that need it. And personally I have had those prayers answered many many many times in the 44 years I have been alive.

10. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Excellent question! I think maybe it's more for us than a specific request. When we pray on something we project our energy onto what we pray about. We are thoughtful when we pray. We even come up with answers when we pray. It makes some feel better to know that we are thinking of another or even of ourselves. To pray that you stay away from something bad, makes the subconscious mind more aware of this 'thing' on a more conscious level and could very well help you steer clear of it. I use the word pray but it could be anything that prayer suggests, insightful, self-talk, thinking on, listening to how you feel or what you want out loud. It makes it seem more real, tangible, personal or touchable. Not a random thought but a specific thing that you think (pray) on that is more than a fleeting thought.

Many believe otherwise but, to me, it is conscious thought giving the attention to that which your subconscious mind does not.

11. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

I like this post Holly. Like, like, like :)

12. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Awww, I'm blushing... :-*

13. CarrieOakey

CarrieOakey New Member

14. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Again because if it's something that I feel is beyond handling myself, I will pray for him to help me through it but not necessarily magically take it all away. That's about the best way that I can explain it I guess.

15. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Good reply Chris and it makes perfect sense =~)

16. June-

June- New Member

If there were a poll of all people who offer a prayer, I think this would get the most votes.