A Random Act of Worship

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by Henrysullivan, Nov 22, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

For those of you who cannot hear this, I'd like to explain what happened at Macy's in Philadelphia on Oct 30, what the orchestrators of this event termed, a "random act of culture." I call it, a "random act of worship." But all at once, a cast of 650 professional vocalists, with full pipe organ accompaniment, broke into Handel's Messiah. The vocalists were in street clothes among all the shoppers. Of course, the shoppers joined in as they knew the words, "Hallelujah" being shouted from the rooftops. So if you cannot hear this, that is what is going on in the video.

God bless each of you, especially those who suffer hearing loss. My prayer is that someday we will all be shouting Hallelujah to the rooftops, and hear it as well.

http://www.philly.com/philly/video/106492678.html

2. tm53

tm53 New Member

How cool is that!

3. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

A friend of mine participated in this on Sunday (in the choir). Amateurs are invited to join the choir of 600, supporting a professional group and led by a professional conductor. They spend the first half of the day rehearsing before the three hour performance. She said it was exhausting but one of the best musical experiences of her life.

4. karenlr

karenlr New Member

That is so awsome! Anyone want to join a choir?

5. June-

June- New Member

I can't view it! Stupid Apple! Stupid Verizon!

6. cynthia

cynthia I hope to shed this body for a better one some day

;D
    WOW! That was incredible! Wish I could have been there!

7. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Fantastic... gave me goosebumps, a tear in my eye and a smile from wonky ear to wonky ear. :D

Going to go and watch it again and send it to my loved ones.

8. Titus

Titus New Member

That was fantastic!!!!! Wonderful!!!!

Thanks, Hank.

9. June-

June- New Member

Finally got to view it! Is that the same group that did the railway station performance a while back?

10. rottiesrule

rottiesrule New Member

Very neat!

11. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

Oh my gosh I would have so loved to have been there for that! That was amazing! My goosebumps have goosebumps! Thank you so much for that Hank!