A minute vacation

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by dizzy in albuquerque, Sep 11, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. A Minute Vacation

Spirit of God, I’m now relaxed, tranquil & have come to that time where I go quietly within and commune with God.

Get comfortable. Set aside any worries or cares; they will be there for you later. Rest easily until you feel totally supported. Softly close your eyes and drift into that safe place within …..

Imagine yourself on a tropical island. You are there dressed in cool, summer clothing, barefooted and happy.

Imagine a wide, white sandy beach. See and hear the glorious ocean rolling into the beach. Smell the salt air. Breathe deeply.

The sky is a beautiful, clear blue. The sun is high in the sky. Hear the sea gulls calling over head and swirling about as they fish.

Notice the tall palm trees and beautiful tropical plants around you. Smell the fragrance of the lush flowers, breathing in deeply and lusciously.

You have no place to be, nothing to do, except to enjoy this glorious paradise.

Dig your toes into the sand and walk slowly across the beach. Feel the warm sun on your skin. Imagine a tropical breeze blowing comfortably.

You feel complete peace. In the distance you hear a band playing and you listen for a minute.

You feel safe. You feel satisfied. You feel gratitude. You feel totally alive. You feel at one with God. You feel nourished by Spirit, completely at one with Sun, the Ocean, the waves and the ongoing, eternal process of life.

You walk to the edge of the water and wade into the surf, getting up to your knees. All is well with your soul.

And now walking back up the beach, you return to this place. You feel connected to all the other people who have just made a one minute trip to paradise. Breathing deeply you stretch your legs and arms, returning to this moment in this place.

2. pardonme

pardonme Guest

3. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

4. joy

joy New Member

Whoa ... this is great. I'm printin it out & gonna post it. "Guided Imagery" is something the lamaze people taught when I was pregnant with Emily 15 years ago. They said to 'create' the scene & go into extreme detail with every thing. I liked it then & still do ... but this spells it all out very conveniently.

pardonmee can swim with the jellyfishes ... I'm gonna stretch out & soak in all the rays & warmth ... feel those waves brush up & back around my toes ... seagulls gliding lazily ... breeze comin in & out with the waves ... Antonio the cabana boy getting the lotion ready to rub into ... :eek: oops ::) sorry 'bout that. Got a little carried away for a minute there. ;)

5. i would love to be laying on a beach i can't really enjoy the great weather here because i'm so sick.

i woudl love to just escape I guess i'll have to do it in my mind and prayers right now.

Hope you all are having a good day today

chris