A great saying that I heard!

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by Chris0515, Nov 29, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

I'm not sure if this has any Biblical background to it or not, but I heard someone say this on tv awhile ago and thought it was a great saying to remember.

"Instead of looking for & desiring greener pastures, why not try watering and re-planting on your own". ;)

2. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

I love that Chris. :)

3. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Unfortuneatly a lot of us have gotten caught up in this wether it be a relationship, changing jobs, changing cities, etc; and sometimes it works out great and other times it turns out being twice as bad.

4. Lorrie K

Lorrie K New Member

Reminds me of the phrase "Bloom where you are planted". That has become difficult for me living with this chronic illness and the problems that go with in while living in a small town with limited health care services, limited everything. So I guess I will have to re-plant and water and see what happens!

5. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

My wife is finding this out with changing jobs and moving up in status for a lot more money(about $12,000 more annually), and so far it's been one huuuuuge headache and nightmare for her! And I can't blame her for trying to better herself and give us a better life, but I also won't blame of fault her if she wants to give up and go back down the ladder a few steps.

6. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Nice quote Chris... Thanks

7. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

You can't plow a field by turning it over in your mind.........don't know who said it but I like it.

8. dizzysheba01

dizzysheba01 New Member

I should have heard that when I was 20

9. Butterfly

Butterfly I will learn to fly agian.

Nice saying Chris. Lorrie I have always loved the "Bloom where you are planted". I try very hard to live my life that way and be happy despite circumstances. It makes for a much better day for me :)