A Good Way To Help Others Understand!

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by minnesotadizzy, Oct 8, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. minnesotadizzy

minnesotadizzy New Member

Good Morning Everyone,

I have been on this site now for about a month... this is a very active site and I have learned a lot more about things here than from my doctors. I also was a member on another site, but very slow posts. Thanks everyone again.

If you are fairly new sufferer of this disease and you are having trouble explaining to your family what you are going through.... I have to suggest buying Tucker's (Danny's) DVD on this topic. I recently bought one from him... only $15.00; you can not bet that price.

It's his photographic journey into the daily life of a Meniere's victim. The photos' are very well done with a photographic twist to it to show others what we feel like in our own a little dizzy world. The "white noise" on the DVD says it all!!

I played it for my wife and son and they started asking questions about me. They are very supportive to me, but my wife says... "Now I understand alot more of what you are going through with the noises and ventures to the supermarkets". She just never really understand all the way, even through she tryed or thought she knew. NOW... she really understands. She just couldn't believe I heard these sounds in my head all the time.

Danny... keep up the good work in your photography and "Thanks for helping me explain my adventures with Meniere's.

Dave.... Minnesotadizzy

2. tucker

tucker The Meniere's DVD Guy!

Thanks to everyone for helping me with the DVD and all your positive responses!

Hugs
    Danny

3. tucker

tucker The Meniere's DVD Guy!

bumb for all the new people to the forum

Danny

4. cdedie

cdedie Designed by DizzyNBlue

This deserves another bump!

5. Willie Marie

Willie Marie New Member

I've ordered the DVD and can't wait to get it. The pictures on his web-site have already been a help to show others what we see.

Thanks Danny!

Willie Marie

6. sparrow

sparrow Guest

While sitting in a restaurant with an estranged family member last week, the waitress inquired why I was asking for low sodium entrees. Come to find out the waitress has MM and during the course of our meal she explained her experiences. My sister sat there looking at me like she had heard this for the first time. Obviously she hadn't been listening when I told her my experiences of MM, but then my estranged sister has very little investment in me anyway, so why bother to really listen. So, now that she has been initially enlightened, I decided to purchase some of your DVD's and give one to her. I can't wait to show this to her, perhaps she will come to understand me a little bit more and not think I am still the drama queen of the 60's.

Thank you Danny !!!

Sparrow

7. Willie Marie

Willie Marie New Member

Isn't it crazy that people think we are making this stuff up? It is as if we ENJOY walking like we are drunk, falliing down for no good reason and sitting in the bathroom with our heads hung over the toilet--yeah--that's the kind of attention I ENJOY getting.

But I've shown the pictures off of the web-site to folks that I THOGHT understood what I had been saying and I've gotten reacitons like, "Do you REALLY see things like that?" "Is this what you see all the time?" etc. I'm so anxious to get the DVD. By the way--good luck Danny on your hospital stay. Hope this helps a lot.

Willie Marie

8. minnesotadizzy

minnesotadizzy New Member

I promise you guys will not be disappointed. He shows it like it is and the white noise to the whole picture. Great photography work in the DVD. My wife was so impressed with it.

Good Rest Danny...... Dave

9. floco

floco New Member

This is my 1st venture into "chatting" online. I am suffering greatly right now from having a profusion done on my right ear. It's not so much that it didn't work, but it has given me a bad side effect - dry mouth, which I was told can last up to 6 months. I saw a different doctor recently & he said he believed the other doctor nicked a nerve. Now since I saw him, my left ear is showing signs of greater hearing loss plus I have a very loud humming sound. If it weren't for doubling my Lexapro, I don't know how I'd be making it.

10. Amethyst

Amethyst She believed she could, so she did.

Hi Floco,

Welcome to the forum, it's very nice to meet you :)

I'm sorry to hear how much your suffering and that your profusion went badly. It's hard to accept this disease, harder still to participate in the more invasive treatments...and then to find out that you're worse off for it...yuck. What an awful experience.

One thing - you might want to post a hello under a new thread so that we can all wish you a big hello. Many people likely won't see this post since it's been active for a little while now....and I'm sure everyone would like to say hi.

Amethyst

11. SMC

SMC Look for the footprints in the sand......

bump