A Catholic Monarchy?

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by barnyardbird, Oct 27, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. barnyardbird

barnyardbird Guest

No,I never died and lived to tell about it.Btw,near death experiences are not really actual death experiences.I had read in a science journal that near death experiences are caused by a chemical reaction in the brain.I don't have a link.

2. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Do you think the same chemical released gives people the same type of experience time after time?

3. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

I second that :)

4. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

And there are other people who have died (eg on the operating table) and been brought back to life and they say there is NOTHING on 'the other side'. My point being that all of us, based on what we already believe will have an explanation which gels with us.

5. tm53

tm53 New Member

"And there are other people who have died (eg on the operating table) and been brought back to life and they say there is NOTHING on 'the other side'. My point being that all of us, based on what we already believe will have an explanation which gels with us. "

I guess only time will tell. ;)

6. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Makes sense to me. Maybe we were meant to have these exchange of differences so that we could all put our personal stamp on the world. Too big a notion??

7. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Maybe not a stamp on the world but an engagement with the world.

8. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

very well put INS, thank-you.

9. June-

June- New Member

Do you suppose this indicates we will quarrel with one another for all eternity?

10. June-

June- New Member

You are an optimist !

11. June-

June- New Member

Eternity is a bit overwhelming. Even fun things aren't fun forever.

12. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

I've never had the chance to find out if fun things last forever. I always quit before forever gets here! ::)