A Catholic Monarchy?

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by barnyardbird, Oct 27, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. June-

June- New Member

Why are you so mad/fixed on that people see things differently than you do? That's what I don't get.

2. barnyardbird

barnyardbird Guest

I understand Carolyn33,I really do,but you won't get to read what I wrote since you're hopping over the pothole.In the unlikely event that you do read what I wrote,I was emotionally upset when my dad passed from this life from end stage Parkinson's Disease so yes I understand what you're saying and you're right.No argument there.But I still think believers are in denial when they say things like,"He's looking down on us as we speak",or "He's with the Lord now".Believers have no such evidence,nor I for that matter but the only difference is I accept reality more so than the believer.The believer believes in some magical place in the heavens in the hope they won't have to face death.I OTOH not only accept death,I accept my eventual death.I'm not afraid to die.Would I want to continue living?Sure I do but I'm certain that all life must come to an end.Flowers die,fish die,animals die,Why not Man.

3. barnyardbird

barnyardbird Guest

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not mad in the least.I just don't understand the mind of believers,that's all.
    Anyways it's almost 2 o'clock and I'm getting off now and having my lunch.

BYB

4. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Byb

When I first read your post I understood what it was saying, I just didn't understand what you were trying to say about it. Isn't the Roman church or to be more personal, the Pope represent a catholic monarchy? Why in the world would someone say that our country should be run by a Catholic monarchy? Haven't most of our Presidents proposed to be of a Christian faith?
    Why would he (the dude in your post) think it would be any better? Because someone of biblical or, to clarify, Christian faith is inherently better than one of no religious faith? I know I'm no scholar but why would someone with a highly educated background believe that someone of the Christian faith, specifically, would be more politically educated than someone who's not? How would our country be better? I seem to be asking the same question over and over and I already know there's no true answer for me. I mean nothing where tremendous argument wouldn't occur. And perhaps you felt your original post stood on it's own. It's certainly generated some serious feedback. Thanks for the eye opener.

I do agree, however, that with women running the world, it might stand a better chance of surviving. =~)

5. barnyardbird

barnyardbird Guest

I think he thinks the U.S.would be better off as a Christian theocracy rather than a democracy.I enjoyed reading the Pharyngula comments section.

6. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

I'm an idiot with words, do you mean the after posts? Me too. If that's what you meant. I'm gonna go look up the word now...

7. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

What kind of evidence do you need? As I've said before ...Come live with me a while, nothing is coincidental. and by the way I'm in no way afraid to die---at all, unlike you however, I don't want to live forever, not in this life anyway. and I like PH jumping

8. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

oh yea BYB my daughters fish Jimmy died today he was 13.... my grandson cried for an hour he's 8. Fish heaven is where Jimmy is now, there or with Augie my dog that died in Animal Heaven

9. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Carolyn, I am so sorry to read about Jimmy. That is sad...A 13 year old fish?

10. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

Yep He was Huge he use to open up the top of the tank you know where the light is and jump out.. I can't remember what kind he was, only that he ate all the other fish so he was always in the big tank by himself. Older than my grandkids

11. barnyardbird

barnyardbird Guest

Will you be having a wake Carolyn 33?

BYB

12. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Sounds like an Oscar...or a Pirahna!

13. barnyardbird

barnyardbird Guest

I didn't read Hanks reply.It was just too long and when he said Jesus said,I stopped then and there.

14. barnyardbird

barnyardbird Guest

This is a subject I won't discuss mainly because of experiences I had in 'Nam in '64.Please understand.

15. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

OSCAR that's it.. I should have known that was my uncles name hahaha

16. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

Um No I think they already buried him in the backyard... they're in TX anyway although it did make me sad bc it made my grankids sad

17. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

Understand. You're privacy and personal experiences are yours.

18. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Byb - You've revealed a lot about yourself in you last numerous entries. Don't know that it's the first time or not but it is appreciated. You're not suh a bad guy - are ya?? ;)

19. barnyardbird

barnyardbird Guest

I don't think I am but I'm sure others here will disagree with you.Still,regardless of what others say,I have the final say and what I say about myself is what counts.

20. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Yes, I can understand that whatever may have happened in Viet Nam was likely not pleasant. And some things we need to keep private. Certainly. But the experience I am asking you to relate, would require that you actually died, went to the other side, peered into it, saw what it was or was not, and then came back to life to tell about it. And the point is that neither you, nor I, nor but just a very few, if any, can accurately say that they have. I do not mean to diminish the psychological effects of anything that might have happened in Viet Nam, but whatever experience to which you refer, is not the same to which I refer, the final point being that you have no more idea what lies on the other side than any Christian, Muslim, Buddhist or whatever set of beliefs you might consider. And for this reason, you no more so 'accept reality' than any believer. For you don't know what reality is any more than they do.