777?

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by bulldogs, Mar 13, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

I mean I heard of sunglasses. toys and even pets but To Loose a Plane without a trace, that is baffling to me!

Where do you think it is?

2. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Baffling to me too BD :/

One would think that someone would always know where these planes are and where they have been with today's technology.

After just doing a lot of flying on that side of the world, I am extremely grateful that it wasn't our plane that this happened to ... whatever happened.

Hope they find it soon so the poor families can begin to have some beginning of closure.

3. redwing1951

redwing1951 New Member

Good question??? Very sad for the families. My son flies to Singapore on the 22nd, my thoughts and prayers are with the families who have lost their loved ones. I can't even begin to imagine how they are dealing with their loss and the mystery of it all.

4. June-

June- New Member

The ocean is very big and some countries don't like to risk embarrassment so they are reluctant to tell all they know. But with satellites and such, I don't think it will be too long till we know.

5. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

the mother ship has it :eek:

6. BumbleBea

BumbleBea New Member

I wonder why airplanes don't have some sort of special tracking device like a submarine or something just for instances like this. With all the satellites up there, you'd think they could track it down. I heard on the news that they are starting to think it may have been intentional. We may never know but a lot of people were affected by this. My heart goes out to them.

7. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

I have thought about pilot suicide.

8. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Or co-pilot .. apparently he was a little wild. Of course, if it was one or the other they would have had to kill the other to be able to control the plane. Hopefully they will find the cockpit voice recorders to solve this one. :/

9. June-

June- New Member

Why do pilots have to take hundreds own with them when they commit suicide? I am thinking a hijacking gone wrong.

10. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

For some reason I thought all cockpits were now locked/sealed from inside the cockpit so if the plane was hijacked they could not gain access to the cockpit.

Something fishy happened

11. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Agree with BD ... Cockpits are locked tight. If someone was trying to enter the cockpit there would have been communication back to the ground.

On one of my planes there was a line up at the bathroom at the back of the plane so the stewardess came and got me from the back of the line ( :D ) and took me to the front bathroom next to the cockpit but she had to stand there while I was in it because of airline security and its proximity to the cockpit. They don't mess around with the cockpit :D

12. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

I'm flying to Malaysia (Borneo) on Malaysian Airlines next month. Feeling (cough) confident! I mean what are the chances a second time...?

13. June-

June- New Member

they are locked except when the stewardess brings them someting or they have to go to the bathroom. Then they just roll a beverage cart in front of the aislle. There is a 9/11 group complaining about tis for some time. They made a video showing how easy it is to breach that. Also I do not know if cockpits from all airlines have to be locked or just US airlines.

14. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Ughhh! Kind of unsettling though isn't it?

15. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

They are all locked. The flight I was referring to was on Air New Zealand.

16. June-

June- New Member

Odds are in your favor. I have a feeling there will be extra vigilance too.

17. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

CNN have been doing a special report on this all morning.

18. June-

June- New Member

So are they on the island? or at the bottom of the Indian Ocean?

19. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

I don't know June ... ask SS :D

20. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

Not adding up is it? I just was reading that if you are trying to go to Europe to work ( the two with stolen passports) why fly via China? Also they said stolen documents like those can fetch 10,000.00 dollars, so some big money involved. The most disturbing theory i just read said , it may be on the ground somewhere being prepped for a new "mission". What if someone wanted their own jetliner for bad purposes?