4 days away from Gent shot(s)

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Go Gonzaga, Feb 21, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Go Gonzaga

Go Gonzaga 2 1/2 years into this and ready to feel better!

I just met with my NeuroOtologist and we are putting the finishing touches on preparations for my first gent shot on Feb. 25th.

Luckily for me (and my doctor reassured me), I only have labryntine issues in my left ear.......with a caloric dysfunction of nearly 40%. Right ear is A - OK.

My issues came on from a baratrauma injury , which we are surmising left me with this "permanent" damage to my left ear.

We are going on 2 1/2 in dealing with this now.........and have tried and seen everything from MAV meds, to low sodium diets, to diuretics, acupuncture, 5 different NeuroOtologists, etc.

As odd as my case is........my brain just will not (refuses as they say!) to compensate for the damage done. Apparently, I am very much in the minority here..........as with time and a solid Vestibular Rehab committment, you will begin to see substantial compensation.

I am the 1/2 of 1/2 of 1/2 of 1% that it just did not work out that way. ???

So......because we have the "bad" ear figured out in terms of laybrythine dysfunction..........I have had 3 different physicians say that this is the next step.

26.5 mg (fairly low dose) will be administered next wednesday..........with a similar dose one week later.

I am nervous, apprehensive, and cautiously optimisitc.

Medically, the approach and methodology makes clinical sense to me. However, I think when you have been sick for so long and have tried everything else..........you certainly do not want to get your hopes up!

Say some prayers , have a beer, sip some wine..........whatever it takes to give me a little break with this stuff. I need one! ;D

Todd

2. So Cal Cyclist

So Cal Cyclist View Askew

Good luck.

3. hevenbnd24

hevenbnd24 New Member

Good luck Todd.

I haven't had the shots, will say a prayer that you finally get some relief.
    Aryn