“I have an inner ear thing”

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by mcdizzy, Nov 4, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Tara

Tara New Member

It's probably best I don't leave anyway.

2. Aznalla

Aznalla New Member

Maybe you should get your saying on a T-shirt. Just might catch on. ;D

3. mcdizzy

mcdizzy "Now Who's the Dumbass Dumbass"

::)Hummmm....might give me something to do in my padded cell.....
    ;)Think they'll let me have markers and glitter? :D

4. JRod

JRod New Member

Outside of my family and closest friends, I just say exactly "I have a vestibular inner-ear problem." Because I don't like to make an issue out of it I find this works out really well.

Most people don't have a clue what the vestibular system is. They get there heads wrapped around trying to adjust to a new word they've heard. In an effort to prevent the next question, "what's a vestibular problem?" I than throw in the "inner ear problem" in an effort to thwart that question. They hear inner ear and can relate to it somehow in their minds. Even though, in my guesstimation, 70% of the people I have ask no more questions and still don't have a clue what's wrong with me.

I've adopted this approach because of the same exact scenario that was on the original post. I've found that if I use the word dizzy or balance, virtually every Tom, Dick, and Harry will tell me how they have had the same thing (usually one time, yeah it's the same lol) or know someone that has. For me, usually less is more!!

5. mcdizzy

[​IMG]

;) How's this??? ;D ;D

6. Papajoe

Papajoe Myco-dental Freak of Nature

7. burd

burd New Member

8. Aznalla

Aznalla New Member

such talented people on this forum. I really like the shirt.

9. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

great shirt!

I tell people my brain gets errant signals from my body and sometimes I throw up on people. No one ever says that happens to them. ;)

10. Papajoe

Papajoe Myco-dental Freak of Nature

;D ;D ;D

11. mcdizzy

;D ;D That's a good one GF!!! I still have room on the back to add on... :D
    Or maybe I'll start a whole line of MM shirts... :-\ ;)