“GAS PUMP RAGE”, 85% of the Nashville area gas pumps are empty!

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by DizzAJ, Sep 20, 2008.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. ToniG

ToniG Guest

It's nice to hear my home state is doing that. :)

2. wlyeager

wlyeager Fly fishing is good for the soul

That's really goofy. Houston has gasoline. Galveston, not so much.

3. Marian

Marian New Member

Yes, we all are feeling the effect of gas shortage. Even here in Holland they are making rules about using too much gas. In some big cities (last week Amsterdam), they have car-free Sundays. People still enjoy it and sit on the streets, having parties and children can play on the streets. It is indeed like in 1973 when the whole country had car-free Sundays. I remember children rollerskating on motorways. All that concrete was for them, no car in sight.

We were not that happy about it, as we had to leave our city to go to Rotterdam, to board the ship to New Zealand. We had lots of luggage of course and intended first to rent some taxis, but did not get exemption for that. So we had to travel by train to Rotterdam. Changing trains twice, with all that luggage and 3 kids. One in the pushchair (22 months old) and about 13 pieces of luggage. At each transfer I started counting noses, luggage pieces. In Rotterdam we could hail two taxies, as we also had my sister and father-in-law with us to come with us to the harbour. I will never forget those carless Sundays anymore. Sunday the 30th of December 1973.

Now we don't have trouble getting gas here, but it is so terrible expensive now. Next week we have to drive to Antwerp again - will cost us the world to get there. The car is only used for main shopping. The rest is done on the bike.

Strange that in Texas, where there should be lots of gas (as we Europeans think), there are pumps without gas now. Hope it won't happen here.

Marian

4. Cara

Cara New Member

Took me an hour to get home today, normal drive to and from work is 12 min. Stations are out of gas again here, I have enought to get to and from work tomorrow, thats about it. I waited in line at the ONE station today, then was able to pump 1.91 into my tank and it quit, grrrr, am so frustrated right now.

5. ToniG

ToniG Guest

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/25/AR2008092504159_pf.html

6. Cara

Cara New Member

Yesterday all day long, what stations had gas were backed up. This is so frustrating.

7. dizzjo

dizzjo One day at a time & baby steps!

It made the National news last night. :eek: :eek:

It reminded me of the great meat shortage in the 70's (1975, I think it was) and people were standing in lines waiting for meat and beating each other over the heads for a pound of burger. :eek: :eek: We were in NC at the time.

When we moved to the western US we told someone about it and they couldn't believe it as they didn't experience it here. We lived it so we know!!

Things will begin to level off again, at least I hope it will. ???