“FOR ONE MORE DAY, who would you choose and why?

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by DizzAJ, Mar 10, 2008.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Daize

Daize New Member

Mom - Dad - my sister Nancy.

My Nana, my mother's mom who died when I was 3 yrs. old, mom was only 21.

I never knew her, but, from the funny, wonderful, and some sad stories, I feel like I knew her through my mom.

Nana and Nampa raised 6 girls and one boy!! They lived in Jamaica Plain, boston, Mass.

Mom is 3rd of the oldest. My Aunt Ginnie pasted away 12 yrs. ago, just days before mothers day.

Nana from what I have been told was a kind woman. I have pictures of her and one especially of her holding me at age 1 .....mom and Dad had the picture and had it blown up to 5 x 7....I can see my mom in her.

When the older sisters got into arguements :D, it was usually mom's fault, yep, my mom would tease and my Nana, would say "Oh Barbie" and shake her head, my mom's name is Barbara.

I have many stories of my Nana and she came from Canada. Maiden name was Sands.....married name Scurrah.

Was not an only child....She too came from fairly large family.

So, I would choose Nana....

I love you Nana and you too Nampa.

Ruth

BTW..... thank you for posting this....♥

2. Peanut Brittle

Peanut Brittle My Twerple Has My Heart

I would love to have just one more day with my brother Lloyd, who died at age 30 when I was 21. I'd love to thank him for all that he tried to teach me about what was/is important in life, literature, music...

for all the afternoons he played board games with me...

for all the buckets of Kentucky fried chicken he brought home...

for teaching me to shoot arrows and his pellet gun...

to show him that his presence in my life had a huge impact on who I've become...

to see what he might look like as a 63-year-old man. Would he be a silver fox or balding? As handsome as ever? As smart? As FUNNY?

...and to fit in also a snowball fight-- this time with me wiser, more cunning, more able to hit my mark... and for him to see with pride that, as John says,

"You don't throw like a GIRL!"

Lloyd Remington Fogel-Songer
    1944-1974

3. Cara

Cara New Member

hey peanut, he would be all of those things, now......he lives in you.

4. jabber

jabber New Member

It would have to be my mother,- I'd have a lot to talk to her about, BUT,- I'd also like to spend the day with my great-great grandparents on her father's side of the family so that we could fill in some blanks with the geneology project we're working on.
    Loretta

5. vertigo247

vertigo247 One cannot think crooked and walk straight.

All of these answers are so wonderful and heart warming (and heart breaking). I really appreciate this thread.

Hugs, Brooke