“cat attitude”,

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by DizzAJ, Nov 20, 2008.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. DizzAJ

DizzAJ New Member

Another cold, sunny day! I am laughing here considering all the years we spent up in MI with AWFUL weather. Now when the temps dip the slightest, my "thin blood" gets chilled.

Hey, even Bubba the cat next door who has been mostly an outside cat is complaining! Bubba has “cat attitude”, and hasn’t given either one of us the time of day when we have tried to speak to him since we moved in. He “may”, and that was a “may” have glanced our way in the past; however, he has quickly turned away to ignore us. We could have been out with an open can of tuna, and that fur ball wouldn’t have acknowledged us! ::) Anywhooooooooo, a few days back when it was really chilly, not very sunny, and a good breeze, M and I had returned home to what M explained was Bubba meowing away at great volume. :eek:

I bent down, called his name, and he was next to me like a lighting bolt! We chatted it up for a bit, and proceeded into our home. Bubba wasn’t too happy about my disappearance mind you. Well, yesterday, I came home, and there was Bubba, leaning against the sidewall of his owner’s home. He looked so pathetic, almost like he was hovering to keep any warmth he could find next to the mechanical area. I glanced his way, said hello, and suddenly I was a long lost friend! :D

M came out and Bubba started to go away, but I took M’s hand, held it, and Bubba went to M. (Great, we love cats, but each are highly allergic to them.) We gave Bubba some TLC, and all the while, Bubba was gagging (oh dear, I had to motify this, I meant figuring out :-[ ;D) how to enter our front door. After our goodbye’s, there was Bubba, sitting at our front door for a long time looking at it as if he was expecting us to open it to let him in! Giving up on that, he went to the blacktop at the owner’s entrance to their drive, and sat there looking as if to say, “okay, any minute now they should be here.”

Thus, we were concerned it was too cold for Bubba, and we called his owners. Bubba adopted “them” in Dallas when he showed up on their doorstep, and has been mostly an outside cat with “visiting” privileges. His owners appreciated the call, and explained they have purchased an insulated home for Bubba, placed a fluffy cushion inside it, and wrapped it with a thermal blanket on the outside, and have made a decision to keep Bubba outside since he refuses to be housebroken.

Apparently Bubba the “actor” has been making the rounds to gain support for his “ousted” cause, and enjoying the tidbits he is receiving in our little neighborhood loop area! :D ;D

2. thornapple

thornapple New Member

Ah, cattitude...we have plenty of it at our house right now.

What a character he is! And he has his very own cathouse! Right in your neighborhood, too! ROFLMAO

3. So Cal Cyclist

So Cal Cyclist View Askew

Sounds like my cat who has since passed on. Mutt was the neighborhood cat who at some time in his past had been neutered. The bikers up the street fed him, the people in the condo complex on the other side of the street fed him, he did tricks for the Phillipina in the apartments next door for cheese. Yeah you get it a real mooch. With all of this attention he looked like he was pregnant. My family adopted him. We put a tag on him with a note saying that he was adopted and to please not feed him any more. A week after the notice was posted we followed Mutt on his rounds and chatted with the humans he visited. The bikers called him Butch (figures) and were happy to know he had been adopted. The condo people thought he was a she and was pregnant. :eek: The Phillipina still fed him. I guess she liked him coming over every day. He moved with us to our current home and had a long and happy life. I will always remember the calm patience he had when my child at age 1 would straddle him as he layed on the carpet and pretended to ride him like a horse. Mutt would just lay there and wait until kidlet crawled off him. Then and only then would he stand up and walk away. :)