Drinking from a saucer

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by carolyn33, Nov 12, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

I've never made a fortune, and it's probably too late now.
    But I don't worry about that much, I'm happy anyhow
    And as I go along life's way,
    I'm reaping better than I sowed.
    I'm drinking from my saucer,
    'Cause my cup has overflowed.

Haven't got a lot of riches,
    and sometimes the going's tough
    But I've got loving ones all around me,
    and that makes me rich enough.
    I thank GOD for his Blessings,
    and the Mercies HE's bestowed.

I remember times when things went wrong,
    My faith wore somewhat thin.
    But all at once the dark clouds broke,
    and the sun peeped through again.

So LORD, help me not to gripe,
    about the tough rows I have hoed.

If GOD gives me strength and courage,
    When the way grows steep and rough.
    I'll not ask for other blessings,
    I'm already Blessed enough.

And may I never be too busy,
    to help others bear their loads..
    Then I'll keep drinking from my saucer,

When I think of how many people in this world have it worse
    than I do, I realize just how BLESSED WE really are.

My cup has overflowed because of my MM family

2. phildsc

phildsc New Member

Nice Carolyn, I had to smile because my grandfather sometimes drank from his saucer. My cup has overflowed also from the support and learning I have had in this forum and every time I pray I start with, "Thank you, oh Lord, for the blessings You have showered upon me."

3. dizzysheba01

dizzysheba01 New Member

Thank you Carolyn. Phil, my dad used to pour coffee from his cup into his saucer and drink from the saucer. One time I asked him why he did that. His explanation was that he worked on a construction sight with a group of Finlanders for many years. They always did that to cool the very hot coffee and he picked up the habit.

4. Jazza

Jazza Saved by Grace Thru Christ Jesus

We have an old Serbian saying when your coffee spills over into the saucer don't be offended at the hostess but see yourself as blessed that you have been given more than the others in the room. (Loosely translated).

Love the poem.

5. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

one of my favorites by Michael Combs

6. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

Thank you Carolyn. That was beautiful....I too feel very blessed indeed.

7. Daize

Daize New Member

Thank you very much Carolyn.

This is beautiful.

Bless you dear friend.

8. karenlr

karenlr New Member

Thank you, sometimes it's easy to forget how blessed we are.

9. cynthia

cynthia I hope to shed this body for a better one some day

If we ate today and did not go hungry, we are blessed. If at night when I lay my head down to go to sleep and it was on a nice soft bed and you did too, we are blessed. If it stormed, the winds came, the rain poured down hard and we were inside sheltered, we were blessed. If we got up and had clothes to put on, we were all indeed blessed.

Think about it this:

There are people that go to bed hungry, sleep on the ground, open to the wind, rain, cold and elements of nature and wear rags and some even go naked.

Some in America think they are poor if they don't have curtains? The only thing we were promised is food, clothing and shelter by God. Jesus never intended anyone go hungry for he proved it when on two separate occasions he feed the masses. He told us to do the same thing.

10. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

Yes Cynthia for all we know we are all blessed on this forum, but do we really? who is struggling to keep that roof over their heads, or for the next meal. We may have MM family that need our help. Do you give to the man/woman when you get off the interstate bc you think he'll just use it for beer or ? . I don't judge them I give him money if I have extra. Sure they may make more money in a day than I do, but that's their conscience. I collect clothes for our homeless Vets who gave me my freedom. I see and know I am blessed every day I climb into my warm bed at night and climb out every morning. My saucer is full and so is my heart