Zoloft

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by barcl003, Oct 22, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. barcl003

barcl003 Guest

Hi ~ I just started on Zoloft on Thursday. So far I am jittery, have a headache, and I am having a hard time sleeping. I just feel odd. Did anyone else have these problems when starting their antidepressants and will they go away? or should I call my doc. Thanks! Heidi

2. Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta New Member

If I recall properly - a lot of that is known side-effects for some..But you might want to call your doctor anyway, as I really am not sure just how much of a big deal it is, if you do get stuff like that...
    I have been meaning to call my doc as well - never started taking the stuff myself, but have a prescription for it. But had to wait to fill it anyway (got it late on a Friday - and insurance computers down from Friday evening until early Monday morning) so I looked it up while waiting - didn't like what I was reading. Plus I am not really depressed - more like stressed (or was anyway) - and I think somehow he just missed the fact that he had just prescribed Xanax daily about a week and a half before that - either that, or it wasn't helping as much as he expected it to in that time...But just the Xanax seems to be working fine now, even got rid of some actual pains I was having, yet nothing wrong was found with anything so...
    I have been wanting to call my doc on that for about the past week - just seems like something is always stopping me from doing that. And a lot of times, we keeps missing each other on the phone (Last time I saw him in his office - he made the comment that it would be easier to get President Bush on the phone than me - LOL)
    But I will get him somehow eventually...

But seriously - if it's that bothersome, give your doctor a call, can it really hurt anything?

3. Amethyst

Amethyst She believed she could, so she did.

I've taken Zoloft many times over the years and have never had any side effects but everyone is different and what works for some doesn't work for others. Are you starting on to the med slowly? If you're experiencing these problems as a result of a dosage increase you may need to slow it down. If not, you may need to try a slightly different AD. Zoloft happens to be the one that works the very best with me - I've had problems with a number of other ones.

Talk with your doctor - and good luck to you.

Amethyst

4. barcl003

barcl003 Guest

Thanks! I'm taking a 1/2 a pill a day. Just started on it so I'm not quite feeling myself. :(

5. 2DAMNDIZZY

2DAMNDIZZY New Member

Heidi,

I have been taking Zoloft for about 6-7 months and it has been wonderful for me. I did not notice any side effects except I get a little sleepy during the day. I was scared as hell to take it at first but I decided to try it and I am thankful that I did. ;D

Maggie