Vertigo is back-scheduled dex injection for tomorrow

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by HappyGrace, Apr 24, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. HappyGrace

HappyGrace New Member

After three lovely days on the higher dose of AVs, I've been ONE day back on the lowered dose of AVs and the vertigo came back and had to take more Valium than usual to manage it. I can't really live on Valium like this! And Dr. G doesn't want me on the higher dose of AVs any longer-he recommended the dex injection, which my local neurotologist here is going to do so insurance will cover it (although I don't trust him very much-he never even warned me that the gent injection last July would knock my balance out!)

It was kind of spur of the moment that I scheduled the injection. I hadn't thought I would do it, after reading people's negative side effects and that any positive effect doesn't last long.

But the bottom line is, at some point I need to try the dex and see if it works or not for me, so why prolong the suffering longer if it *may* help. Even if it gets me through allergy season (if that is even what is causing the vertigo!) Last year at this time, when I first got Meniere's, oral prednisone did help a lot with vertigo, so I'm hoping the steroid injected right in the ear will work well for me.

Please pray for me that I will not get any negative side effects (especially dizziness!!!!! I read the fluid from the shot can mix w/ the ear fluids and cause dizziness :(), and that I will get relief from it! My appointment is at 2:00, and a friend is driving me.

Also feel free to chime in with anything POSITIVE you have heard about dex injections!

2. Donamo

Donamo Guest

Good luck tomorrow HG, I'm sure it will do the trick and then your AVs can take over again.

3. Vicki615

Vicki615 New Member

Good Luck HappyGrace!! I will be thinking of you, I am sure it will all go well! HUGS

4. nicmger

nicmger New Member

I have high hopes for your dex injection tomorrow. It is going to go perfect AND no issues for you. While I wish that you could stay at the higher dose of a/v, the injection combined with the ongoing lower dose of them is going to make all the difference in the world!

Good luck!

5. HappyGrace

HappyGrace New Member

Thanks for the hugs and well wishes!

I'll keep you posted on how it goes. I'm just going to be calm and assume good things will happen.

6. ring

ring New Member

For what is worth. I think I have hearing in my one "good" ear because of a dex injection. After I had lost all hearing despite oral and one dex injection, the second got me back.

Good luck tomorrow!

7. rondrums

rondrums Bilateral

Best wishes, Grace.
    I had no vertigo from the injections--maybe just a bit of dizziness that only lasted for a few seconds.

Ron

8. hastone

hastone New Member

I haven't had dex injections yet, but that will be my next step if current plans don't work out. Hoping for the best for you!

God's blessings

Hal

9. cherylmcgr

cherylmcgr New Member

I hope it works for you I had 4 in each ear I did get some short term relief. I also did a very low does Gent injections but felt no difference. I think they are very expensive for the relief they give from the vertigo. I did get a minute of dizziness after all injections from the fluid in the ear. It passed quickly. Best of luck to you.

10. Vicki615

Vicki615 New Member

Thinking of you HappyGrace, :)

11. HappyGrace

HappyGrace New Member

Thanks, everyone! (hi vicki!) I updated in a separate thread.

12. yanksgirl

yanksgirl New Member

Do hope and pray you get good results from your injection. Please know we are pulling for you and praying too!