If you had one question...........

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by Cara, Nov 2, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. ToniG

ToniG Guest

I think we know the answer to that one. :( :'(

2. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

beautifully put sarita.

3. June-

June- New Member

4. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

I wonder what could/would happen if we could all suddenly speak to one religious belief??

5. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

This is so true. I don't go about life caring what religion or lack of religion someone ascribes themselves to. It really is of little importance or relevance to me.

Living in a large multicultural area we have pretty much every religion going on. Last weekend was Diwali which is a big celebration for our South Asian citizens. People here are not segregated by their faith and people just go about their business.

Far more important to me is their kindness, compassion and attitude about life.

6. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

What a peaceful image that created in my head.

7. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Rumi the mystic?

I thought Pillsbury said it best. :)

8. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Do you think we are what we believe? All the things we go through in our lives that have brought about what we believe to be true. I might've put it wrong or perhaps what's being said or asked wouldn't make a difference in most people's minds. Haven't you ever stated a comment with 'I'm the kind of person...'? or, 'I believe...'? If we all spoke from the same belief regarding religion, don't you believe there would be a tremendous change throughout the world?

9. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

It's a good question Holly but it still leaves me to wonder even if we all subscribed to the same religion there would still be the chance that there would be extremists on both ends and so disagreement may still be rampant.

10. June-

June- New Member

Human nature does not change. Different religions is just one more excuse to fight, not the reason for it. People fight because humans are an aggressive species. It's a wonder we do as well as we do. Many times one Christian nation has fought another. Makes no difference.

11. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Yea, I guess you're right. I'm kinda on the cup is half full kinda day. Who was it that said 'If there's two people, they would work together. If you put three people together, two will find a reason to hate the third...'

12. Butterfly

Butterfly I will learn to fly agian.

If I could quote Junes last post I would. I havent figured out how to do it yet. ???

I was married to a very devout Christian who used to beat my arse all the time and used Bible verses to put me down all the time. I think that human nature has everything to do with it. Some people are just more aggresive than others and it doesnt matter if they are religious or not.

13. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Upper right hand corner of the individual poster...it says 'quote'. Is that what you mean? I still can't figure out how to quote a specific part of or multiple replies to address them each...

I undersatnd about human nature and all that. I know that each person is their own fingerprint in this life. I understand that people will find something to fight about because we are fighters and agressive humans. I think that if we all suddenly believed one religion - like people know the earth revolves around the sun. There would be no fighting about it. It would be fact in our minds. I guess like all of you think, we would just find something else to fight about - but we don't fight about the earth revolving around the sun, no left wing or right wing - we fight about religion. How would the world be? I keep asking the same question expecting somehow a different answer. I guess I should just block this out and leave it alone. I must be the only one who can see the possibilities of my own question...

14. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Holly,

I think you and St John the Beatle are on the same page...

Imagine there's no heaven
    It's easy if you try
    No hell below us
    Above us only sky

Imagine all the people
    Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
    It isn't hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion too

Imagine all the people
    Living life in peace

You may say I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one
    I hope someday you'll join us
    And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
    I wonder if you can
    No need for greed or hunger
    A brotherhood of man

Imagine all the people
    Sharing all the world

You may say I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one
    I hope someday you'll join us
    And the world will live as one

15. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

INS - you could be right, I do wish us well...