Anyone ever heard of this Dr./Treatment out of Italy?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by SweetTater, Jul 26, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Jupiter

Jupiter New Member

Thanks for asking and passing along the reply, SweetTater.

Too bad the answer is so disappointing. La Torre may have an effective program, but it's going to be difficult for most of us to find out for ourselves. In countries that I know of you can't just phone up a nurse to come over and administer an injection of your own choosing. Both the injections and the meds require doctor visits and prescriptions. With so many doctors refusing to prescribe antivirals because they're not a textbook treatment, it's hard to imagine a local doctor, in the US or elsewhere, being willing to go along with La Torre's regimen in the absence of any published studies.

2. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Even in Italy you can't just call up a nurse and have him/her hook you up to an IV unless Dr. La Torre gives you a script for the medication and you have it done in his clinic or pay a nurse to come to your house to administer treatment.

As for that hyperbaric chamber.... :-X

3. SweetTater

SweetTater New Member

I think the only way his treatment plan can be possible for people outside of Italy is for him to get doctors in other counties involved. I don't know what he is thinking trying to do consultations by Skype if the treatment requires prescriptions & IV's.

4. james

james ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

I think he is on to something as he said most ent docs don't realize how great the role of stress affects mm.A person gets vertigo,freaks out,goes to doc get little or no help,researches finds there is no cure,gets awful tinnitus,of course this person is going to be anxious.Probably why one of the reasons valium helps us all so much.

His theory which talks about the hormones,kidneys and the water receptors,can't think of the name of them the aqua somethings,make sense to me that it can be psychosomatic as a big influence.

If you're having lots of anxiety and who doesn't living with this condition at (least in the early stages) it could all be part of the big cycle.

Don't know if I am making much sense...

5. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I understood something a bit different. His English translation makes little sense to me and I can't find the part in Italian that mentions it.

6. strngday

strngday New Member

I signed up for a skype consult...I let everyone know what he says.

7. goofygirl

goofygirl WDE!!!

Great! Thanks for being the guinea pig!! ;D

Looking forward to your results.. :)

8. SweetTater

SweetTater New Member

I too look forward to your results!

9. SweetTater

SweetTater New Member

I posted a question yesterday and am going to put it here with his reply.

My questions: How will patients in the US be able to get the medications required & will we have to find a Dr. here that is willing to prescribe for us? I'm sure you know that most US Drs. are very skeptical of any new treatment plans or anything/anyone that we find on the internet.

His reply: @ Elaine: You don't need an ENT but simply any physician or your GP. One good advice could be to talk with him before, give him my pages on the website. We, your GP and me can get in touch thru Skype and talk about this matter before... Then i will not be only one "found on Internet" but a real person and if he or she has no other reason it won't be logical to refuse you to try... He has to respect your will... Any way I can send by ordinary mail every prescription in English that I suppose will,be if EVERY doctor refuse to help you. Every medicament I prescribe is available everywhere even in US. They are very common and nothing so strange....

I really like the fact that he is willing to do what it takes to get us the treatment (work with another Dr. through Skype consultations, send us prescriptions).

10. SweetTater

SweetTater New Member

I am also impressed that he is willing to consult for free if the patient has no money. Here is a reply he gave to someone that posted on his FB page that they didn't have the money for the consult.

Reply:if the problem is not economic preooccupi them I can safely skip-free advice (in Bergamo and I can not ).... and give the treatment at no cost and with all necessary assistance ... I never claimed that anyone who does not even have the option of paying what is required is to make loans even to make a cure ... or keep his problem ... few hours of my life than I saw up here, I can very well give it to those who truly need it, ... And that goes for tuti and also wrote on my site ... if you really can not and why not have the money because they have to spend to go on vacation .... ... do not be afraid and not ashamed to ask if there posos aiding free ... I have repeated many times. Before you had to pay the consulting almneo since the clinics where they did not charity but now I visit on skype, I can also offer everything for free ... hoping for your sincerity (of the William I have no doubt). Then obvious that those who claim the maximum benefits of this effort and seriousness in doing therapy. And 'the only thanks I need

11. SweetTater

SweetTater New Member

When is your consultation?

12. james

I could probably be arrested as I am not on Facebook.
    I am wondering what the diet consists of,he has a picture of salmon on the site.

When you find out could you post it?
    Thanks!

13. strngday

strngday New Member

My consult is today at 5. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

14. james

Goog luck Strngday!
    I hope he can give you some hope and help.

15. SweetTater

SweetTater New Member

I look forward to hearing about your consult. I too hope this can help you!

16. Jupiter

Jupiter New Member

I, too, eagerly await your report. I hope the consultation goes well.

James, you're not alone. I'm not on FB either. Like you, I noticed that picture of salmon and have been very curious about the diet.

17. strngday

strngday New Member

ok, so I spoke to him at 530 until about 730. He is very nice and very willing to explain everything about his treatment. He sent me two files. One outlines the treatment the other the diet plan. He also provided a bibliography of articles and books that have to do with Meniere's. One that I thought was quite interesting was:

Naganuma H, Kawahara K, Tokumasu K, Okamoto M. Water may cure patients with Meniere disease. Laryngoscope. 2006

In any case, he said diuretics were the worst thing that we can take to relieve our symptoms of mm.

There are 3 phases to his treatment, but one might only need to complete 1 phase. If the patient feels better after phase 1, then they can stop. Phase 1 consists of high water intake, diet (there are specific things to eat or not eat), and intra-muscular steroids. Also, there are two drugs, which he calls neuro-drugs, (antidepressants) that have to be taken at this time as well. He was very accomadating. The biggest problem will be finding a Dr in the US willing to go along with all this. He isn't published andthere's no way to prove his treatment works. I have read some of the posts by his patients on fb that thank him for his treatment bc they now have their lives back, but somehow i dont think that's gonna go over too well with GP.

18. SweetTater

SweetTater New Member

Are you planning on trying the treatment (if you can find a Dr. willing to help)? Does the diet seem challenging? Also I am wondering what he charges? I could not figure out his converter on the website.

I would like to read the book you listed, interesting stuff!
    I too have seen some of the posts on his FB page thanking him. It sounds like he is legitimate and just wanting to help people suffering.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I hope you can find a Dr. to help (if you want to try the treatment that is). Good Luck and please keep us updated!

19. strngday

strngday New Member

I definitely want to try the treatment. It does not seem difficult at all. The only problem I see is finding a Dr here to help...which I plan to do. The charge is 144$ US. He is very accommodating and is willing to talk to my Dr through skype if he has any questions. Also, he says this is not a one time consultation. He wants to know what drugs the Dr prescribes, and wants to walk me through the treatment. He does not seek any more payment though. The guy seems genuine to me. I'm going to ask my Dr if the drugs are safe, and there's no real risk, then why not?

20. strngday

strngday New Member

Oh, and thank you for finding this guy in the first place....here is the link to the article about water:
    http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1097/01.mlg.0000225904.78569.0c/abstract;jsessionid=94DBD7F3526F36317FA3DA9AF95D192E.d02t01?systemMessage=Wiley+Online+Library+will+be+disrupted+14+May+from+10-12+BST+for+monthly+maintenance