For those who don't know, what do you imagine ?

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by June-, Nov 12, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. June-

June- New Member

I'm directing this question only to those who don't know about God. It's not for those who know for sure what form God takes or for those who know there is no God. It's for those who have a sense ....

How do you imagine God or the Creator?

2. June-

June- New Member

I imagine the Creator to be the Creation but in some greater aspect than we can imagine with our human brains. For me, God is the natural world but in a scope I can't begin to imagine far beyond our planet. Yet the Creator is evidenced in every tiny bit of nature. As bad as I feel or as good as I feel, the presence is with me. My comfort always comes from nature and knowing I am part of the Creation.

Once in a while I wonder about time, if that isn't somehow what separates us from all knowing. But that is far beyond me.

3. CGR

CGR Guest

I don't know if there is a God or not. I wish i did. I've prayed that whatever god there is he/she would make me believe. I've seen how it comforts others. But i can't seem to get there.

If there is a God, then i hope he's like a loving dad... and not the mean "spare the rod" type of dad. The cool dad who tells you what you're doing wrong and helps you get it right. Kind of like me. :) But of course 1000 times better.

4. Max Stooge

Max Stooge New Member

I believe there is a God, but I'm not sure what form, what the Creator is. Some will say, there is no form, it's an idea, and I believe that's true. A spirit, a presence, a morality, and I think I believe all that.

I was raised in a protestant church, Methodist. I memorized the Lord's Prayer, I can cite the doxology, I went to bible school. It was a foundation for what I am now.

As June said...... I envision God to be in nature. I love just sitting and taking it all in and marveling at his creation, or rather "that which he is". I believe, but in what form that takes, I'm not sure. Other than nature, then I am at peace with Him.

Please, I hope no one comes along and tries to save me. Smiling at the evangelicals here. :)

5. AmandaJ

AmandaJ New Member

i'm still on the fence as i know we have to have some reason for being here and well we didnt just magically appear ;) i use the term Giver Of Divinity but god is a lot shorter to say ;) i envisage a being of pure divine white light that keeps a watch over everything and eveyone, allowing us the freedom to choose which path we want to go along as all paths eventually lead to the same place. You only have to look around to see the beauty of what has been entrusted to us to look after, at times i often wonder if there is more than just the one with so many things to look after on not just this planet but the whole universe and that maybe on earth we have GAIA (mother earth) to watch over nature...whole confusing concept :-\ as there is also Diana the moon godess and well i could go on and on and get totally lost :D

6. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

I imagine God as an enormous life source from which I came from and was placed in a human form as a baby, and my goal is to do whatever it takes to get back to him and join him as one again. And I see him as very loving but also very very stern and a God that holds us accountable for what we were able to control, but forgives us and gives us a pass for the things we were not in control of or where we just simply made a bad mistake - was sorry & owned up to it all - and never did it again. I do believe he is the creator of every living thing on this earth as well as the entire universe, and that he has a plan and a reason for all of this and it's beyond our comprehension and will all be revealed on the other side where we can fully understand it.

7. jim1884again

jim1884again advocating baldness be recognized as a disability

8. June-

June- New Member

One thing I know, that my belonging in/to nature/God is unconditional.

9. highway

highway New Member

I wonder if anyone truly, really knows about God. Only upon death shall we know.

10. CGR

CGR Guest

Or in death we might find that god is a really evil bastard. to some degree, i hope there is no god, because then we don't have to take a chance on it being good or bad.

11. June-

June- New Member

I don't think God/Creator can be good or bad.

12. egross

egross New Member

June, you and I are close to being on the same page, I think. For me it's a feeling and a knowing deep within that exists in all of us, all living beings, all living things. We are a part of it and it's a part of us. We'll truly KNOW and experience when we pass on. I believe we come back again and again with the purpose of gaining, knowing, and experiencing the truth - Nirvana - and then we will have known physically who we really are sprititually and will no longer need to return. I believe it takes many lifetimes to achieve this. I believe this is the goal of life. I have experienced this bliss in deep meditation, and in moments of unexpected feelings of overwhelming and endearing love have opened my heart so wide the presence was palpable. My shortcoming is that I do not spend time cultivating this purposefully on a daily basis. Sad for me and my loss.

13. June-

June- New Member

Same thing about my past, why think about it, who cares about my childhood? ;) Seriously, I can't think of a more interesting subject than nature. THe more I learn the more I seek to know. To me, people are downright b-o-r-i-n-g compared to nature. So the natural question for me is where did it come from, how did it get this way, what was before this ... The questions are just there. I can't imagine not wondering. I don't wonder as good as Einstein did but I wonder. I don't imagine a personalized God that acts and thinks like a person. I am not seeking the great man in the sky, I seek information about nature and I enjoy my place in nature. But I am an introvert, that may be part of it.

14. June-

June- New Member

I don't have as well developed a sense as that. I don't think of the universe as being primarily about humans and therefore I don't think God would be preoccupied with people. Buckminster Fuller said " Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment. " I think that is so.

15. egross

egross New Member

Preoccupied? I wouldn't put it that way. God is part of every living thing. That wouldn't be preoccupied. It just Is.

16. June-

June- New Member

Yes, who can imagine the consciousness of the Creator? I just mean I don't think it's just about people or perhaps not mainly about people. To us, people is the main event. To the Creator of the universe - and beyond - who knows ? I just think of every part of nature as equally important to the Creator as we are.

But of course, I don't know, I am just wondering and imagining.