Breathing problems

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by shudabenanun, Oct 3, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. shudabenanun

shudabenanun Laters baby

For the last 2 weeks I feel like I literally cannot catch my breath.. I no its not MM related at least I wouldn't think it was. I got laundry out of the dryer and carried the basket to the couch(no stairs involved) and I could feel my heart beating out of my chest. I don't feel sick like getting a cold or anything. Today at work I walked down 1 little flight of stairs and it took me about 15 mintutes to breath again normal. I have walked after work on a campaign walking door to door in neighborhoods and I am so out of breath I can barely talk to anyone... Any suggestions on what this might be? I no I need to go my Doc but I'm sick of going to the Doc for crap!
    Sorry for venting out but I'm grumpy :mad:-I admit it.. ;DThanks for listening..

2. Rick

Rick New Member

...This is one of those times that you really do need to see the doc.
    Rick

3. AmandaJ

AmandaJ New Member

get to the doctors it could be a chest infection or anything

4. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

Heather, it could be your heart. Go!
    Paul

5. Wobbles

Wobbles Storm (April 15, 1992 - November 17, 2006)

Heather,

Heart, lung, blood, and thyroid problems are all possibilities. It is something that you should get looked at right away.

Joe

6. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

I must agree......time for the doc again!

7. dizzysheba01

dizzysheba01 New Member

Go to your doctor immediately.

Several years ago, I had a routine doctors appointment. I left worki at noon, met a friend for lunch, and after lunch decided that I wanted to hit the ladies room before walking nine blocks to my doctors office. The ladies room was down two flights of stairs. I had recently completed joint replacement surgery and had not walked stairs since the surgery.

On going up the stairs, I was a little winded but paid no attention to it. I still walked that nine blocks to Michigan Avenue to my docs office. It was raining and cold out. When I got there, Doc listened to my heart and looked worried. He ordered an EKG and then told me to go directly to the hospital to see a cardiologist. I did that but still was not really worried because breathing problems were common for me.

It turned out I had a blocked artery. They performed an angioplasty and placed a stent in the artery. I was fine but thank goodness those symptoms came up while I was on the way to my doc.

8. Stacey3048

Stacey3048 New Member

Heather, how are you feeling? Did you contact your doctor??

9. NurseMom

NurseMom New Member

-----------------

10. TracyInIndy

TracyInIndy Guest

Heather,

Please check in and tells us how you're doing! Did you see the doc? What did he say!

Tracy